Beginner
Jamesonsgal

Appalling broadband speed and awful 'technical help' - how on earth can a complaint be made?

Okay, this problem has been going on for a few months now, the engineer came out and tested everything. There is a problem with incoming calls knocking the broadband service out and not resetting itself. I don't use my landline and there is no telephone plugged in - it is there solely to access BT Broadband. I have replaced the router, cable, filter and added an ethernet cable - all at my own expense - but the broadband speed is still as low as 29 kbps at times on a line that should support 8mbps. I have been through the same line/service test with Technical help on four seperate occasions within the last 24 hours as no one there appears to be able to reach a logical deduction and deviate from the script. I have repeatedly asked to speak to a manager and subsequently been cut off, transferred back to sales in England, advised to expect a call at 10am and another at 2.15pm (none received). My partner is an IT Manager of 20 years standing who knows what he is on about - both he and the BT engineer both deduced that it's an exchange problem. I cannot complain, I cannot get any service and I cannot access an adequate braodband service let alone the one I am paying a sizeable amount for each month when compared to other providers. I have spent five hours within the last twenty-four either speaking to or on hold to the Technical 'Help' department. There is no where to complain to - I particularly like the online option allowing me to 'Praise Staff' - there is no option to complain about staff or service - appalling. BT have a strangleolh still over telecommunications within the UK and yet their concept of 'communication' is woeful in every aspect. Does a phone answer within three rings  - no. Is English the first language of the call-centre staff - no. Is there a clear channel of escalation - no. I am writing this as at the current time, I have absolutely no idea of what to do other than go through the call-centre once again to inevitabley be cut off.

Sage
imjolly

Re: Appalling broadband speed and awful 'technical help' - how on earth can a complaint be made?

[ Edited ]

welcome to the forum

you really are havinga bad time trying to get help.

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the adsl stats from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1)

Btspeedtester results would be good but there is a problem with it just now

are you connected directly to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Do you have any phone extension sockets in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Beginner
Jamesonsgal

Re: Appalling broadband speed and awful 'technical help' - how on earth can a complaint be made?

Hi

Connected to test socket at the moment - makes no difference to service.

Downstream - 9251 kbps

Upstream - 800 kbps

Although just conducted an independant test that is showing 584 and 553 respectively...

As per my post, I cannot conduct a line test as I have no phone connected to the socket.

Sage
john46

HI jamesongal

As previously requested could you please post the FULL hub stats and if possible a bt speedtest although it does seem to be having a few problems at the moment also results of the quiet line test are also useful to decide how to advise you to start resolving your problems as any noise that may be on your line WILL cause you connection/speed problems
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Beginner
Jamesonsgal

Hi

As previously stated, no phone for test, here is a screen print as I don't know what stats you are asking for other that upload and download speeds, and the data is not correct anyway.

I need to know how to complain and get service from BT not how to diagnose a problem. Reading all of my post might be helpful instead of tring to interpret stats.

Beginner
Jamesonsgal

*trying

Sage
john46

This is a customer to customer self help forum to post the hub stats please follow the information posted by imjolly the stats show line noise attenuation errors etc the only BT presence on this forum are the forum moderators who will like the rest of those here need the information before attempting to offer advice in resolving your problems
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Sage
john46

I need to know how to complain and get service from BT not how to diagnose a problem. Reading all of my post might be helpful instead of tring to interpret stats.

Also being unpleasant to those offering you help is not necessary we are all here to help you
Expert
gouledw

Hi Jamesonsgal,
As John has said, ADSL Stats including more detai:
If your having trouble trying to get them try reading this and it may help as long as you have a Home Hub 2.0 or later version:
http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Speed-Connection-Issues/Please-read-this-before-posting/m-p/245147#M88...
Beginner
Jamesonsgal

fw.jpg