Sage
john46

Re: BT BT Broadband Option 2 Issues

HI your IP Profile should rise to 1500k as to the vist not worth it given time your profile will rise if not then the forum mods could be involved to get your profile reset
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Aspiring Contributor
JimmyW77

Thanks John46, lets see what happens in the next few days. That could be useful. (Am bothered that according to thinkbroadband, people are getting 4-6 mbps 2 streets away)

Sage
john46

different attenuation different line lengths different copper thickness and some parts of the network being aluminium cabling less efficient than copper different cable routing simple as that there are too many variables even neighbours can have different attenuation figures there is really nothing you can do to improve it other than the costly one move nearer to the exchange
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Aspiring Contributor
JimmyW77

Thanks again,

I understand the variances - just hard to live with when its you that's being impacted. 

That's a case for another day I think. Constant line speed, Good IP Profile etc. are what i would like to see happen in the coming week to ten days.

Enjoy your evening.

James

Aspiring Contributor
JimmyW77

Please see latest test from speedtester.bt.com.  Looks like the profile has gone in the  right direction.

Results Image not loaded

Download Speed
1379 Kbps

0 Kbps2000 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 1379 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 400-2000 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :1792 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 1500 Kbps

I'll continue to monitor, though i still want to get my SNRM sorted and 63dB is to much. I'll hope that thats comes down soonish.  Thanks for the advice all!

James

Sage
imjolly

btspeedtester is looking good.  I presume you mean your attenuation at 63db which you are not happy about not SNRM

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Aspiring Contributor
JimmyW77

Hi, thanks for the quick repsonse, yeah, got those muddled for a moment there.

ADSL LinkDownstreamUpstream
Connection Speed1792 kbps448 kbps
Line Attenuation63.0 db31.5 db
Noise Margin12.1 db17.0 db

The downstream NM is coming down .1 dB each day, not sure what to make of that tbh.

Sage
imjolly

the noise margin will fluctuate during the day being higher in the morning to 4pmish and the it will drop gradually by about 2/3 over the night only for it to rise again the next morning.  the cycle then starts again.

if you maintain a stable connection then your noise margin should drop with possibly a small increase in your speed.  as said before the normal is about 6db

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Aspiring Contributor
JimmyW77

Thanks for the info.

Fingers and toes crossed that this proves to be the case.

Sage
imjolly

patience as it might take a while