Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Accepted Solution

BT Home Hub 2.0 - Wireless Network Card / USB Help?

Hello there,

I have a BT Home Hub 2.0 which I use to connect my PS3 and Xbox 360 and they both work fine.

As BT installed it downstairs I have to use a 'Wired' connection to the downstairs home hub to connection to my PC which is upstairs which is a pain.

I would like to know if anyone knows the Best Wireless PCI Card or USB Wireless Adapter which works best with the BT Home Hub 2.0 or if BT does one and if it can brought from btshop.

Thanks

PS I must say it was so easy setting up the home hub and the phone following the quick guide wish everything was that easy...

:smileysurprised:

Creator of UKRockers Multi Format Gaming Clan & Community - Search UKRockers in any search engine.
Distinguished Sage

Re: BT Home Hub 2.0 - Wireless Network Card / USB Help?

I found that the PCI card worked ok but it depends where you place your base unit. If it is on the ground under your desk then that will hamper the PCI card getting the signal from the hub.  I use netgear USB WPN111 and WN121T and find that by using the USB extension you can bring the adapter to desktop level and improve reception. My personal preference is WN121T which seems to get the best signal but that's my choice. Both can be obtained from a popular auction site

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Aspiring Expert

I used a Belkin N1 card in my laptop (before I upgraded the laptop). I bought this off eBay for about £6. If you want USB I have heard good reports on Edimax which you can get from Amazon.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with imjolly. I use one available from ebuyer.

Using it on a cable allows you to improve reception. What I will say is that you may not get full speed. I only get 65mbps as opposed to the 150 advertised, but this is more than ample.

Robin.

Expert

Hi,

Always used TP-link range.

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
Contributor

The one I am getting is :

Edimax EW-7728IN Wireless N PCI Card

but thank you all for your answers

Creator of UKRockers Multi Format Gaming Clan & Community - Search UKRockers in any search engine.
Contributor

Seems like this network card isn't doing too good , the signal is awful and keeps dropping out any advice?

Distinguished Sage

have you tried changing the wireless channel in your router to see if that helps

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Contributor

haven't tried that yet , is that in the BT Home Hub Admin settings like 192.168 sort of thing.

Distinguished Sage

yes thats it 192.168.1.254.

try downloading inssider and then run it. This will show the broadcasting networks round about you and their channels including your own. Then enter your router and change your wireless channel to a free or less congested channel.