Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aspiring Contributor
Accepted Solution

BT Home Hub 2.0 and Apple TV 2.0

I have just bought Apple TV 2.0 mainly for iTunes streaming purposes but am having problems with keeping it connected via the Home Hub 2.0

The set-up between the Hub, PC and Apple TV is via Cat5 cable, so there are no chances of Wifi dropouts etc. Ive never had any connection problems with this particular hub. Apple TV connects fine to the online services (Movies, Flickr etc) and initially, when I attempt to access my iTunes library, all works ok. However, occasionally, the Apple TV will lose the library connection. I have tried various methods at restoring the connection mentioned on the Apple including restarting home-sharing on both iTunes and Apple TV, TUAW etc forums yet the only way ive found to restore the connection is by resetting the home Hub. One of the other forums suggested opening up ports to allow correct application sharing, but that hasnt helped either.

Would appreciate any feedback/ideas if possible.

Aspiring Contributor

Re: BT Home Hub 2.0 and Apple TV 2.0

Well, I have solved it - For some reason it didnt like being connected to the Home Hub by CAT5 lead, it works fine however over WiFi

Beginner

I Have just signed up with BT and I have 3 ATV Gen 2 and keep getting network error msg after 20mins so dumped the router as it **bleep** and bought a Belkin Play Max Wireless Router N+N Running them in 5GHz and can watch the all at the same time with no problems at all

All I can say is BT Home Hub 2.0 is utter POO
http://speedtest.net/result/2441672355.png
Beginner

Hi HuDDy28k

I had BT Infinty and a Home Hub installed the day before yesterday. I say installed because the JDSA's 37MB fell to 4MB on the engineer's own laptop! He was also unable to connect my iMac. This is beacuse he was not properly trained in networks and IPs etc. Anyway I did it myself yesterday. Information is scant but whereas with my previous ISP I had a block of public IPs I assume that BT do not do this. So I've set up my own DHCP server with 192.168 IPs. It'll make life with a web server more tricky but I thibk I can do it.

Anyway to the point.....

If I took the Home Hub out and Cat6 cabled the white BT modem directly to my Airprt Extreme router I could not get a connection. I use the Extreme because most things are cabled from it in my loft and the wirelss signal is stronger routing verticallt through wooden floors as oppsed to horizontally from my garage through sevreal brick walls.

What set up did you employ to get the BT white modem to 'talk' to your new router without the BT home Hub in between?

Rgds

Mervyn

Aspiring Expert

Make sure you use PPoE on the Airport Extreme, put bthomehub@btbroadband.com for the username and leave the password blank.