Beginner
Sandman
Accepted Solution

BT Home Hub 2.0- is it possible to change the default ID eg: rename

is it possible to change the default ID eg rename from "BTHomeHub2-****" to something a bit more user friendly? -another reason for wanting to do this is because we seem to be saturated with BT home hubs in this location which makes it difficult to identify ones own network.

Guru
RogerB

Re: BT Home Hub 2.0- is it possible to change the default ID eg: rename

You can call your ssid what ever you wish ..... if using wireless.

Beginner
Sandman

Ah! Thanks V.much! I had a feeling that you could, I will try that later :smileyhappy:

Sage
imjolly

if you have a lot of hubs about then try downloading inssider and then run it. This will show the broadcasting networks round about you and their channels including your own. Then enter your router and change your wireless channel to a free or less congested channel.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Guru
DS

and when you do try, you could follow this method

enter the hub manager - http://bthomehub.home/
click 'A-Z', then 'W', then 'Wireless connections, enable or disable'
input your password
In the 'Wireless network name (SSID)', change the name to what you want.
Click Apply

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Distinguished Guru
DS

@imjolly

You need to add a bit to your macros:smileytongue:

inssider has recently been updated to inssider2:smileywink:

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Sage
imjolly

I have already updated mine but macro is still good enough to get you to the right place:smileywink:

I like their update - presentation better

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Beginner
Sandman

Thanks, for this info have downloaded as suggested, will run program when I get some free time.

-every day is a school day- learning all the time :smileyhappy:
kalimna

Hi,

Sorry to hijack this thread, but if anyone could help, that would be great.

Ive just setup a new HomeHub2, and it mostly works fine. However, I have tried to change the SSID a couple of times (going through the advanced settings section of the hubs' browser page), and it seems to work briefly, but I am unable to then connect my PS3 to the changed SSID (going through the relevant network settings section). And following that, reconnecting to the changed SSID from my laptop will not work.

The error message is that the WPA key is wrong. I know that I have not typed it in incorrectly, and am wondering what might be going on here? Does the WPA key need resetting also?

Cheers for any help that follows,

Adam

Beginner
jdan409

Hi, I hope you have solved by now. Click on the networks list right click yours, Properties, Security/General (forgotten, its the one with the password box) Change your password and enter your new one. If that doesn't work. Click forget network then start again :smileyhappy:

Jamie