Aspiring Expert
planetf1

Re: BT Home Hub 3

Actually now that I think about it am pretty sure support told me they replace like-with-like. So if your HH2 goes faulty you'll get a replacement -- they have enough for replacements.

That way

a) There's no "incorrect" faulty hub reports from ppl trying to get "upgrade"

b) ppl will get the same device so it i) looks the same ii) performs the same iii) still has things like voip/dect which some ppl may use

The only reason I had a HH3 replacement was after going through a fair anmount of problem determination - capturing data, testing things out, sharing the results with support. Then the conclusion was the fix was probably HH3 -- but that's specific to the kind of fault I have.

If you have the same, fine - go down this route. But I suspect you'll be disappointed if you just try reporting as faulty - and of course the old one gets sent back anyway

Distinguished Guru
DS

And slowly but surely, little snippets appear

My BT Home Hub 3 has not yet received the latest firmware

The latest, most up-to-date version of BT Home Hub 3 firmware is:

Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.48 (TypeA)

If your Hub 3 isn't yet on this version, please leave it switched on to allow the overnight upgrade. You don't need to cancel BT Power Save as the upgrade will still be able to take place.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32228

(note that it's a Type A)

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Aspiring Expert
planetf1

thanks for that. I'm .3 behind, but hub is left on 24x7 anyway.

Only had it on about 9 hours, but seems to be working fine so far.

Distinguished Guru
DS

[ Edited ]

The bottom link may be very useful:smileysurprised::smileywink:

Ooo, what's this a new feature

You can also enter a password hint. If you forget your password when you need to enter it
later you can request the Hub Manager to display your password hint which should help you
remember the password. If you still cannot remember your password the Hub 3 has a password
override feature that allows you to create a new password.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10990/c/346,1887,1888#maincontent
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do the lights on my BT Home Hub 3 mean?
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32288
----------------------------------------------------
The userguides (pdf)

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10477

------------------------------------------------------------------

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Expert
infinidim

Thanks for the information DS.
Infinidim
Megadodo Publications
Ursa Minor Beta

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side
If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Aspiring Expert
Travelusa

Going to try and get a Hub 2 version as the HUB 3 does not work with the Broadband talk.

then you lose the use of the softphone as they take the talk line away ??

Aspiring Expert
planetf1

not sure if u @can stile the softphone (as thats just an app) but the built in hub support to act as a det basestation with integrated voip is indeed removed in hh3

Aspiring Expert
ijjsimpson

Has anybody got a hh3 yet if so any pictures etc

Aspiring Contributor
DeanClinton

[ Edited ]

Well my HH3 arrived this morning in the post - Want to know what was in my box??

A Hub, A powerlead and that was it. No manual, No filters and no cable. I'm wondering if it's because I've upgraded to the Unlimited Phone, Broadband and TV package, and I'm not a new customer?

My ADSL line speed's gone up from 14mb to 19mb

Aspiring Expert
planetf1

Exactly the same here, but mine was also a "repair" replacement -- and in any case am on Infinity