Beginner
alias99

BT Home Hub Infinity Wireless Problem

I have had BT infinity for about a month now. They proivded me with the free Home Hub infinity to replace my Home Hub 2.0.

Ever since i got it the wireless connection keeps dropping. It says its connected but with no internet access. My desktop machine is connected via ethernet and doesnt have any issues.

Ive called Bt several times only to spend about 10 hours on the phone to them to tell me stuff that i haven't already tried. 

Ive tried all the channels available but none seem to solve the problem.

Initially the problem was an ip address conflict but not it says no access to default gateway?

Any solutions would be great as this is driving me crazy I have to keep resetting the hub for it to work again only to cut out not long after.

Sage
imjolly

Re: BT Home Hub Infinity Wireless Problem

did you download and run inssider to see where the other routers were and the free/less congested channels for your connection?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Aspiring Expert
champ1970

This is a common problem, when they installed the new hub did they take the ID from your old version 2 and install it on the new one, as this sometimes causes a problem, best bet is put a pin in the reset hole on the new hub, then when all back in sync, using the card that came with it, try and reconnect wirelessly... Hope this helps

Beginner
alias99

Hi 

I tried doing a reset and the problem still exists.

I aslo used inssider to choose a channel that isnt being used by anyone else and still have the same problem although it takes longer for it to not work now. 

Any other suggestions

Sage
imjolly

did you try more than one channel as it is possible there are other networks round about you but they are not broadcasting their SSID

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.