Aspiring Contributor
Raikoh

BT Home Hub keeps losing conection

This is getting beyond a joke. Everyday my Hub has been losing connection to the internet for what seems to be no reason. Sometimes it does it 3 times a day. It's really getting on my nerves. I think that it must be something wrong with the Hub. And I feel I should be sent a new hub as compensation for having to put up with this **bleep**.

Here's my Hub statistics, as far as I can tell everything seems to be normal:

ADSL line status

Connection information
Line stateConnected
Connection time1 day, 8:22:25
Downstream6,503 Kbps
Upstream1,091 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.5
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)6.5 dB / 5.9 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)44.0 dB / 24.3 dB
Output power (Down/Up)0.0 dBm / 13.0 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)0
Loss of Signal (Local)6
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)0 / 4294967263
CRC Errors (Down/Up)2838 / N/A
HEC Errors (Down/Up)N/A / 0
Error Seconds (Local)5429
Expert
gouledw

Re: BT Home Hub keeps losing conection

Hi Raikoh,

I see from your other thread you've been offered assistance by ChristopherP , replacing your router may not neccessarily be the solution.  If the problem is with the line then the router won't solve it.

Can you complete a speedtest please, use this link http://bit.ly/o8qqQ9 as it will also help you diagnose and give you a list of solutions afterwards to help you diagnose your problems if it thinks there is a problem. Could you please also copy and paste the results from the White/Black/Green pop out page including your IP profile, DSL Connection Rate and speed achieved during test.

Run a line test to determine if or not it is an external problem: http://bit.ly/tgwip

Can you also confirm if you're connected at the master socket or an extension? And what your type your master socket is according to this picture

Different Sockets

Lastly for now, call 17070 and Press Option 2 for the Quiet Line test and do you notice any unsual noises for example, Static, crackles, hissing?

Aspiring Contributor
Raikoh

Okay, I have tried that speedtester 50+ times and it NEVER works for me. Always comes up with an error about the number I'm using even though it's correct.

Same with the line test as well. Number apparently doesn't exist.

I' am using the master socket (mine is the first picture).

Tried calling that number and I get a simple message which says: "Sorry, access to this number is not available on this service."

This is unreal.

Expert
gouledw

[ Edited ]

Hmmm, this is not making sense.  Number's not recognised, almost seems as if you're on LLU, but your clearly with BT otherwise your hub wouldn't be working.  Although just noticed you're downstream Output power looks unusually low.

Can you please connect to the test socket by unscrewing the two screws on the lower half of the faceplate and then the socket will be on the bottom right.

NTE5 Type Master Socket .png

Without dialling the 17070, on the normal calls do you notice any noise when making usual calls?

When you connect to the test socket can you please ensure you're using a different filter that you know works, just to rule out that the filter is faulty. And post the ADSL Stats from in there.

Sage
john46

are you trying the quiet line test using a hub phone ??if so it will not work the phone must be plugged into a normal phone socket
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Aspiring Contributor
Raikoh

If you look at my previous post regarding my low speeds I plugged my Hub into the test socket before. These were my results:

ADSL line status
Connection information
Line state Connected
Connection time 0 days, 0:10:57
Downstream 8,683 Kbps
Upstream 1,123 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI 0/38
Type PPPoA
Modulation ITU-T G.992.5
Latency type Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up) 6.1 dB / 5.8 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up) 44.0 dB / 24.4 dB
Output power (Down/Up) 0.0 dBm / 12.9 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local) 11
Loss of Signal (Local) 27
Loss of Power (Local) 0
FEC Errors (Down/Up) 0 / 4294967264
CRC Errors (Down/Up) 3 / 2147480000
HEC Errors (Down/Up) nil / 0
Error Seconds (Local) 4573

Also when I first set up my Hub I had it plugged into another socket and still my Hub was dropping out. The master socket I have it in now was actually replaced by an engineer because the old master socket was faulty.
Aspiring Contributor
Raikoh

Ahh okay. We are only using Hub phones. We don't have a normal telephone.
Expert
gouledw

I think you need to contact the mods, you can do that by following this link: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951 , Im just not convinced the 'Output Power' is right, see what they say, you'll need to raise is as a 'Broadband Connection' issue not a broadband speed issue.

Sage
john46

you can only do the quiet line test from a main line could you possibly borrow a phone from someone to try the test
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’