Expert
djh22

BT Homehub and RouterStats

Is it possible to configure RouterStats for the HomeHub ?

and if it is could someone please tell me how.

I've put the radio button in the "other router" and  http://bthomehub.home/log.lp?be=0&l0=3&l1=3&l2=-1  in as the url to the routers stats page but it's going nowhere.

Ta,

Del.

Guru
RogerB

Re: BT Homehub and RouterStats

in a word Del, no
Expert
djh22

Thought that might the case,never mind it was worth a try,

Cheers Roger.

Guru
RogerB

You could always get yourself a cheap netgear router (broadcom chipset) .... you can run the lot on one of those, including DG Teamware .... and increase throughput a little.   :smileywink:

Depends whether you use the hub phone or BT vision, if you don't I'd ditch the hub in a flash...  :smileyhappy:

Expert
djh22

Yea, I have a Netgear DG834G which I've been using for the past 10 days or so to see if I could get a bit of stability on the line in the hope that it will push the IP profile up a bit as I previously had frequent disconnecions with the hub , it seems a bit more stable now 6653 so I've put the hub back on this morning to see what happens.

No BT vision but BBtalk comes in handy when 'er in doors is on the main phone.

Cheers,

Del.

Guru
RogerB

Well to give you an idea, I personally gain about 1500kbps in throughput, hub v netgear ....

I don't use the hub phone or vision ... so no brainer really for me.

Expert
djh22

I wish I could gain that much, I think BTw are throttling me to try and get stability because of the discons I had before, see my post in this thread- http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/Help-BT-checker-14-0Mb-Hub-8128-Kbps-Atten-17-2-Noise-margin-2...

CraigS said he would try to get the IP profile raised a bit when everything settled down.

Del.

Expert
IanC

djh22 wrote:

Thought that might the case,never mind it was worth a try,

Cheers Roger.

Which version of the Homehub are you using, and what do you want to do with Routerstats ?

I've got (amongst several others..) a V1 Homehub, and Routerstats Lite works just dandy :smileyhappy:

Guru
RogerB

Drop us a pm with your stats...  :smileywink:

Expert
djh22

[ Edited ]

Quote = IanC "Which version of the Homehub are you using, and what do you want to do with Routerstats ?

I've got (amongst several others..) a V1 Homehub, and Routerstats Lite works just dandy:smileyhappy:"

Hi Ian,

It's a V2.0 type A.

Just need a continuous log of the noise margins.