Beginner
stanley76

BT TOTAL BROADBAND USERNAME.

Hi, Today i have had Broadband internet and phone installed.

When i try to sign into Bt Yahoo home! page/ email or try to download BT NetProtect Plus with the account details i signed up with and i was supplied with in my welcome letter,i keep getting PASSWORD INVALID.I have even tried resetting my password and it isnt even recognising my email/username that i was supplied with.

Can someone suggest what i need to do, :smileyhappy:

Regards

Stan

Contributor
Zwilnik

Re: BT TOTAL BROADBAND USERNAME.

Have you tried to comfirm the U/name and p/word (0800 111 4567). Have had times that the letter differs from the actual info.

Zwilnik

mikedrob

Hi

Did you ever sort this problem out.I have the same trouble,I have just ordered Netprotect Plus but am unable to download it.I have tried changing my password.I e-mailed Bt complaints dept because I had 4 months of dealing with call centres in Bombay earlier in the year in order to get a refund I was owed,so did not want to go down that road again.I keep getting "are you sure this is your primary username" ie your e-mail address.I had a phone

call from Bt this morning and it was suggested I try entering the first part of my e-mail address in the username box but leave off the @btinternet.com but then it just comes up with "invalid username".It makes you just want to give up and go to Talk Talk.

regards

Mike

lopex

I had the same problem.

Your btinternet.com user name may not work until your order has been completed. 

To log on to MyBT you will need to use the email address you used to sign up. E.g. your old email address not your new BT email. 

My problem cleared after I logged in to My BT. You can then change your user name. 

Cheers