Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aspiring Contributor
Accepted Solution

BT YAHOO Account - Can't Download Anti-virus

[ Edited ]
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has encountered the same problem. 

I upgraded my broadband to option 2, activation date 30th July.  I wanted to get the anti-virus software which is free to all option 2 and 3 customers.  However when I log into my BT Yahoo account to download it I'm still on option 1.  I have called the helpdesk 3 times about this and have got 3 different answers.  Fisrtly I was told it would update in 24hours, then I was told 7 days from activation date and then when my next bill arrives.  So far though my profile still says option 1.  My next bill will be arrive soon but I don't have much faith that my account profile will be updated.   Does anyone know the best way to get my profile updated so that it reflects my new broadband package and enables me to download the anti-virus.  Customers services have assured me that my account details have been upgraded at their end, however this doesn't really help me.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks  

Re: BT YAHOO Account - Can't Download Anti-virus

Hi United77,

Thanks for posting. I can check what's going on. Drop me an email to forum.moderation.team@bt.com with your account details and a link to this thread for reference and I'll see what I can find out.

Cheers

David

DavidM | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
Moderator-Retired

Hi United77

I have just dropped you an email back.

Looks like your email address was still showing against Option 1 so I've got this updated this evening.  Give it 24 hours and try the download again and it should work ok.

Cheers

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Aspiring Contributor

My account profile has now been updated and is showing option 2.  I was able to download the anti-virus without any problems.

Thanks for you're help with this.