Aspiring Expert
Smirnoff

BT Yahoo Toolbar and Windows Live Mail password settings

I have been puzzling yet again why my auto log in to Windows Live Mail no longer works.

Although I tick "remember me", after a reboot I am asked for my password again.

I then came upon this link:

http://www.i19777.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2169

It seems the BT Yahoo Toolbar installer changes the registry settings. Even if the toolbar is uninstalled the registry remains the same and auto log in to WLM does not work.

Downloading and installing "Make Messenger Remember Me" fixes the problem.

Yes, I know it says "Messenger" but if you do not use it, it works just as well for WL Mail.

This has been a pain for some time now and although I have been in contact with BT numerous times about this, they have never admitted that the Toolbar could be the problem.

Will the moderators please forward this post to the tech guys so that this problem can be addressed?  

Aspiring Expert
Pasha_Selim

Re: BT Yahoo Toolbar and Windows Live Mail password settings

[ Edited ]

Nice link and suggestion Smirnoff.

I assume that toolbar sits in the BTYahoo browser, (don't use it here) which is being phased out I think, so it's unlikely BT tech guys will do anything.

Even if the toolbar is uninstalled the registry remains the same and auto log in to WLM does not work  so "Make Messenger Remember Me" could be a useful tool for those still irritated by this who turn to another browser.

-- -.-- / ... .. --.
Value Added Guest (Inspiring Not Aspiring)
Rate a post if you like it! - just click the star under the user's name on the left. (N.B. ratings facility no longer available in Forum Help and Suggestions; nor is it available in the Lounge)

Aspiring Expert
Smirnoff

Re: BT Yahoo Toolbar and Windows Live Mail password settings

I don't use the customised BT Yahoo browser, just IE8.

Although I do use BT Yahoo as my Home Page, I installed the toolbar as a one-off application.

The reason I installed the toolbar was because I prefer the bookmarks facility rather than IE8's Favourites.

Even if the customised (optimised) BT browser is withdrawn, there could still be problems for people who install the toolbar in isolation if the fault isn't fixed.