Beginner
fixdnet

Blocked Domain

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can shed any light on this situaiton, I've rung BT Support and seem to get transfered from department to department withought any success.

I recently purchased the domain fixd.im in order to use a custom domain on the url shortening service bit.ly. The domain was purchased via EuroDNS, everything was setup and in order, and the service began operating as it should.

Several days later, I noticed that when I attempted to use a fixd.im short link or the main site the request would time out. I established that there was no issue with the DNS settings or end server as I used an external proxy site to connect to the site. Also having contacted several friends, also with BT they have also confirmed that it is unavailable to them, however friends on other networks (O2 and Virgin Media) are able to connect to the domain perfectly.

Does anyone know why BT would have blocked my domain, and who I would need to speak to in order to get it unblocked?

Many thanks,

Johnnie

Aspiring Expert
peterwt

Re: Blocked Domain

How strange. I can get to other im domains through BT so it is not a complete block on im. As you said to goes to bit.ly via external proxy so it is your fixd.im that is being blocked by BT. Perhaps a moderator will come in to help.

Peter
Expert
PheeragHfre

peterwt wrote:

How strange. I can get to other im domains through BT so it is not a complete block on im. As you said to goes to bit.ly via external proxy so it is your fixd.im that is being blocked by BT. Perhaps a moderator will come in to help.

No problems connecting from here using a BT connection but I'm not using BT DNS Servers which may or may not help.

"I have this awful feeling someone is watching every move I make (one of my pet hates is router location tagging)." Marvin (A paranoid Android)
Beginner
fixdnet

Your quite right, I've just used the OpenDNS nameservers and it works fine on that. It would seem to be the BT's own