Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Broadband Speed 12 times slower than usual. Constant disconnect

Is there anything I can do to fix the problem?

I've ran the BT speed tests several times and I'm still getting 60Kb/s download speeds but my upload speed is unaffected.1.PNG 

Re: Broadband Speed 12 times slower than usual. Constant disconnect

I'd also like to note that I've spoken with BT on the phone and they say that there are no connection problems to me, and that the throughput should be up to 12mbps but that doesn't correlate with my download speed.
Distinguished Sage

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

can you go back to the stats and 'show detail' and post rest of errors  and also run btspeedtester (MAC users may have problems) not betaand post the results .

are you connected directly via a filter to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Is the master the only phone socket in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

your connection time is only 7min is that due to manual reset or the router dropping conenction?

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage

with your attenuation I would expect a connection speed of about 14/14.5mb but currently you only have 574kb but you noise margin is very high at 23.6 - normal about 6db

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage

has your hub been disconnecting or have you been restarting it to try and increase its speed ?

john46 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.

Hi there, it's been constantly disconnecting. I've also tried restarting it a few times because that's what the help screen said to try when it wasn't connecting to the internet

Distinguished Sage

you could be in a banded profile due to the drops in connection and the manual resets.  the wirst thing for your conenction is numerous resets which the exchanges ses as line problems and if too many you can end up in a banded profile

what about master or test socket and also other sockets?

I took the panel off that my HUB connects to, not master socket to be found.
Distinguished Sage

master would normally be located where the the bt wires enter your home

has the bellwire been removed from terminal 3 in all your sockets 

bellwire removal

I'd also like to note, I only reset it manually 2-3 times...All the other times I disconnected(every 10 minutes, but sometimes I wont disconnect for a few hours) was because of the loss in connection