Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Beginner

Broadband and Windows XP

I have a BT home Hub and my broadband connects automatically on my Windows Vista laptop which the broadband was set up with. However, the laptop with windows XP on which has a wireless network connection recognises the BT home Hub and says it should connect automatically but it doesn't. If I try and connect manually it tries to connect but nothing happens. It has the correct network key details. Does anyone have suggestions please?

Recognised Expert

Re: Broadband and Windows XP

Janet wrote:

I have a BT home Hub and my broadband connects automatically on my Windows Vista laptop which the broadband was set up with. However, the laptop with windows XP on which has a wireless network connection recognises the BT home Hub and says it should connect automatically but it doesn't. If I try and connect manually it tries to connect but nothing happens. It has the correct network key details. Does anyone have suggestions please?

You may find some helpful information Here

"I have this awful feeling someone is watching every move I make (one of my pet hates is router location tagging)." Marvin (A paranoid Android)
Beginner

Thanks for your suggestion. I have tried that, but it makes no difference.

Recognised Expert

It's difficult to advise with so little information, setups vary with Homehub Versions & browsers.

Some default Homehub Wifi setup information can be found here 

Strong WPA passphrases can be found here: https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm

"I have this awful feeling someone is watching every move I make (one of my pet hates is router location tagging)." Marvin (A paranoid Android)
Contributor

Hello Janet,

Just a few more details please:

Has the laptop ever worked with this hub if so when, if not has it worked recently with any other wireless router.

What make is the laptop, some manufacturers install their own wireless connection software etc.

What exactly happens when you try to connect.