Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aspiring Contributor

Broadband disconnects when phone is used

Hi, 

Hope someone can help, 

Everytime my phone line is used broadband disconnects. This has been going on for about 2 weeks. I have reported the fault, BT say their tests report no problem and have suggested an engineer visit. My concern is i will be charged for the engineer visit even tho im convinced the problem is outside my house, as this happened in the past. I had three engineer visits (which did not fix the problem) and was charged for one visit, tho this was later revoked. In the end i posted on this forum and the mods contacted me and got the problem fixed. 

I'm hopeful this forum will be the answer again.

It's plugged into the master socket with filter (have tried a different filter just to be certain) and have done the quiet line which at times sounds very noisy, with internet sounds as it attempts to connect, the line was very bad today, with the person at the other end having difficulty hearing me. So i'm fairly certain this is a line fault.

How can i be certain not to be charged for an engineer visit?

How can i contact the mods?

Any help much appreciated. Thank you

ADSL line status
Connection Information
Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 04:05:09
Downstream287 Kbps
Upstream845 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationG.992.5 Annex A
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)8.4 dB / 4.7 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)58.8 dB / 35.1 dB
Output power (Down/Up)0.7 dBm / 1.2 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote)0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote)0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote)0 / 0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)60 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up)0 / 0
HEC Errors (Down/Up)0 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote)0 / 0

Distinguished Sage

Re: Broadband disconnects when phone is used

Welcome to this customer to customer forum.

To enable forum members to help you, please could you look at Helping forum members to help you which asks you to do a few checks first, and has some helpful hints.
When you have done that, please post the results here, so members can offer advice. Thank you.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.