Beginner
Han23

Broadband keeps disconnecting

For the past week my broadband has kept disconnecting from the internet, most of the time it will stay disconnected for a couple of hours. That isnt the only problem as whenever the internet is connected (which is max 1 hour before it disconnects again) the speed is painfully slow. I dont usually get fast speeds, i think the max iv ever had was 2Meg, but im getting dial up speeds at the moment. I have been with BT for a long time and have option 3. 

i have phoned BT, they told me to check the filters, use the test socket and they did some tests on my line which turned out to be all ok. They told me they would call me back in 24 hours after observing the broadband line. well they didnt call. i phoned again this morning and they were positive it is a problem with my home hub even though i told them that other routers i tested showed the same problems.

i did a speed test 

Download speedachieved during the test was - 83 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-250 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :3808 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps

the DSL info from my hub

Uptime:0 days, 0:11:28
Modulation:G.992.1 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:448 / 3,808
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]:1.22 / 7.09
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:12.0 / 19.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:30.0 / 49.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:20.0 / 15.0
Vendor ID (Local/Remote):TMMB / TSTC
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):113 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote):0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):181 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down):0 / 46
CRC Errors (Up/Down):0 / 2
HEC Errors (Up/Down):0 / 2
Line Profile:Interleaved

i have tried to keep my hub connected for long times to let the line stabilise, but it just keeps disconnecting and sometimes randomly resets itself. I have run out of ideas and BT customer support is absolute no help at all. 

StuartH

Re: Broadband keeps disconnecting

Hi Han23

Welcome to the forums.

Sorry to hear your connection is dropping out so much. I can have some diagnostics run to help sort this out for you. Send me an email to forum.moderation.team@bt.com with your BT account number and a link to this thread.

Thanks

Stuart

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry that we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)
Beginner
Han23

Hi thanks the help is much appreciated.
DavidM

Hi Hans23,

I've picked up your email and will drop you a reply.

Cheers

David

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)