Aspiring Expert
Sweeney47
Accepted Solution

Bt broadband account login

Hello, having some issues logging into the bt broadband page, when we set up the account we got an email which said:

Your BT Total Broadband username*:  *****.****@btinternet.com

however when we use this on the broadband website it tells us the username is not recognised, any idea why?

Aspiring Expert
MikeFlint

Re: Bt broadband account login

What do you mean by "broadband website"? - what address are you talking about? Could you paste the address in a post please.

It might be the 'whacky' way BT have of looking after your accounts. So, you have one account which is where your phone line, your broadband, and BT vision, and so on is (which you'd logon to via www.bt.com); and another account which is your broadband/email user account (the one you receive email via).

These are not the same.

So, I have my email address, and use that to logon to bt.yahoo.com - this gets me to my email and my personalised homepage; then I have the account name assigned to me when I first joined BT, which is completely different.

BT do keep saying they will merge these. But don't hold your breath!
Aspiring Expert
Sweeney47

http://www.bt.com

So the sign in for that page would be the one when we first ordered BB?

Aspiring Expert
MikeFlint

Yes. This gets you to your billing and call plan and so on (what I'd call the 'traditional' BT stuff - real BT).

You only use the @btinternet.com one for the 'internet' type stuff - email; yahoo.com; messenger; flickr; and so on.

My bt.com user is the email address of my very first ISP, from over 10 years ago!! You can't change it anywhere, and you are stuck with having two separate 'accounts' with BT. One you use; and one where you pay for it!
Aspiring Expert
Sweeney47

[ Edited ]

after a series of 'old account' cycling ive got through, thanks a lot for your help Mike!

unfortunately the information I was after isnt in that section, was hoping to find a meter of our current usage this month we're on FUP 'probation' so trying to watch our usage this month but as far as I can see there is no way of finding your usage. Seems like a scam to me, how can they punish you for going over the 100GB cap if you can't monitor it? They clearly can monitor it which means the software is there so why dont they share it?

EDIT: Heh I found this made me laugh "No, under our new approach we'll monitor how much you use for you, so you don't have to worry about it." Help Section

They forget to mention that there is a delay on the emails they send.

Also surely its up to the customer whether they want to 'worry' about it or not, rather than up to them who from my perspective have hidden the meters in an attempt to 'catch' more people out and earn more money. Otherwise customers would be able to access the meter if they're 'worried' or just rely on emails if they're not?

Aspiring Contributor
lioness

I am also having a problem when trying to access BT/fon - I try to log in to see status and it says "Un-categorized exception occured" 

I know the log in and password are OK, because I can log into BT Yahoo OK.

I am trying to find out if I can use Fon in Europe for free, because I'm reading on loads of websites that you cannot.