Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't connect to Internet or bthomehub.home through Wifi or ethernet

[ Edited ]

I've had BT Broadband (Homehub 3, not Infinity) since the start of June without any problems. This morning at about 8:15am it stopped working. I can't connect to the network on any device (although it is visible), and if I plug directly in through the ethernet cable I can't even connect to bthomehub.home or 192.168.1.254 (page not found on both).

All three lights on the front of the box are blue and not flashing. Resetting the router (factory or just with the Reset button), movnig it to another phone socket, or leaving it turned off for 10 minutes all have no effect. I can't get it to work with a variety of devices (Android, Windows, Smart TV). No configuration changes have been made to the router. I've replaced the microfilter too.

If I plug directly into the router with an ethernet cable and run Windows Network Diagnostics it says ""Local Area Connection" doesn't have a valid IP configuration". Again, I haven't modified any settings within my machine or the router.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Expert

Re: Can't connect to Internet or bthomehub.home through Wifi or ethernet

Have you tried a factory reset on the hub?

Yes, I've tried both reset methods.

Distinguished Sage

can you not entyer the hub manager by entering 192.168.1.254?  you do not need an internet conenction to enter hub manager - just to see if hub will allow access or is it knackered and needing replaced

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

As I said above, "if I plug directly in through the ethernet cable I can't even connect to bthomehub.home or 192.168.1.254 (page not found on both)."

Distinguished Sage

then contact CS and ask for replacement 08001114567

or borrow another router and see if you can connect

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.