Guru
Aarong

Can't get ADSL 2+ Annex-M Broadband

I'm currently on the Annex-A broadband which caps upload speeds to 448k, however, my line supports Annex-M Broadband which allows me to have uploads of around 1mb. Although, ringing up customer services to change this over, no one could understand what Annex-M broadband is.

Is there anyone who could help me change this over, or how i would going about upgrading to Annex-M broadband?

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Re: Can't get ADSL 2+ Annex-M Broadband

[ Edited ]

I think you will find that its only available to business customers who need an faster upload speed, also Annex M is only suitable for ADSL2+ lines with attenuation of less than 45db, and are connected to the new 21cn network.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Guru
Aarong

That's weird, on the line checker it says that my line currently supports using a telephone number, also with my previous provider, my upload speeds were double what i'm getting now, is there anyway to manually increase this?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Guru
Aarong

So what does this mean, rather misleading Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 4.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 3.5Mbps and 5.5Mbps. Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 1Mbps and downstream line speed of 4.5Mbps; typically the downstream speed would range between 3.5Mbps and 5.5Mbps.
Sage
Keith_Beddoe

It means you have to be a business customer to get the enhanced service.
There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Sage
imjolly

has your exchange been upgraded to 21CN - check here http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search

if so then you could try for adsl2 which brings with it a faster upload

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Guru
Aarong

I am aware of this, obviously if i was using it for a Home business then yes, however, still kind of misleading and i have had higher upload speeds than i have now. I thought this was on the principal that i was on previously Annex M broaband which allowed me to have higher upload speeds.

Thanks for your help Keith

Guru
Aarong

[ Edited ]

imjolly wrote:

has your exchange been upgraded to 21CN - check here http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search

if so then you could try for adsl2 which brings with it a faster upload

Yes my exchanges is Cricklewood and 21Cn is available at my exchange, is there something i could do here then which could give me faster uploads? B.T sales couldn't really understand why i was asking for

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Annex-M requires a change in the upload/download frequency split, which cannot be done from the router end. So there is nothing you can change.