Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Guru

Can't get ADSL 2+ Annex-M Broadband

I'm currently on the Annex-A broadband which caps upload speeds to 448k, however, my line supports Annex-M Broadband which allows me to have uploads of around 1mb. Although, ringing up customer services to change this over, no one could understand what Annex-M broadband is.

Is there anyone who could help me change this over, or how i would going about upgrading to Annex-M broadband?

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
Distinguished Sage

Re: Can't get ADSL 2+ Annex-M Broadband

[ Edited ]

I think you will find that its only available to business customers who need an faster upload speed, also Annex M is only suitable for ADSL2+ lines with attenuation of less than 45db, and are connected to the new 21cn network.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Guru

That's weird, on the line checker it says that my line currently supports using a telephone number, also with my previous provider, my upload speeds were double what i'm getting now, is there anyway to manually increase this?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
Distinguished Sage

See http://business.forums.bt.com/t5/Broadband-and-internet/Annex-M/td-p/30245

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Guru

So what does this mean, rather misleading Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 4.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 3.5Mbps and 5.5Mbps. Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 1Mbps and downstream line speed of 4.5Mbps; typically the downstream speed would range between 3.5Mbps and 5.5Mbps.
Distinguished Sage

It means you have to be a business customer to get the enhanced service.

Distinguished Sage

has your exchange been upgraded to 21CN - check here http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search

if so then you could try for adsl2 which brings with it a faster upload

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Guru

I am aware of this, obviously if i was using it for a Home business then yes, however, still kind of misleading and i have had higher upload speeds than i have now. I thought this was on the principal that i was on previously Annex M broaband which allowed me to have higher upload speeds.

Thanks for your help Keith

Guru

[ Edited ]

imjolly wrote:

has your exchange been upgraded to 21CN - check here http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search

if so then you could try for adsl2 which brings with it a faster upload

Yes my exchanges is Cricklewood and 21Cn is available at my exchange, is there something i could do here then which could give me faster uploads? B.T sales couldn't really understand why i was asking for

Distinguished Sage

Annex-M requires a change in the upload/download frequency split, which cannot be done from the router end. So there is nothing you can change.