Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't login/access the BT HomeHub Manger on HomeHub 3

My promblems started this week where I am not able to log into my BT HomeHub 3 as usual.  

Symptoms:

Internet connection is functioning, I can access web pages but some seem slow

Raw speed tests are OK (4.8MB down, 0.37MB up - No infinity here....)

I cannot access the HomeHub Manger through http://bthomehub.home/ or http://192.168.1.254

The page starts to load but freezes, sometimes after a long while it will part load but I cannot log in

Temporary Fix: If I power down the hub and power up, everything then works OK for a while.

The problem re-occured after less than 24 hours.

The reason I am trying to login is to monitor the connection as I had some problems with my Broadband speed after a cable break near by (it dropped to 0.1MB).  A helpful engineer managed to re-set the line after the work was completed and I got my speed back to norma.  The only other (ir)relevant informnation might be that my connection is OK but the FEC number is VERY high, 2,175,196 after 40 hours of connection.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

Distinguished Sage

Re: Can't login/access the BT HomeHub Manger on HomeHub 3

Try a factory reset of the home hub.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Distinguished Sage

f you are tring to monitor your HH3 conenction then I would suggest you use routerstats which will give you more details and allow you to record the information http://www.vwlowen.co.uk/RouterStatsHub/routerstatshub.htm

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage

FEC's are nothing to worry about they just show interleaving is working

john46 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.

Well I did a power down and re-start so that I could login and record my settings and save a config file.  After a few hours I could nolonger log in.

I then did a factory re-set as you suggested and then manually re-entered all the setting. It worked for a while but when I checked just now, I am back to square one - locked out after less than 7 hours of up time.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for the suggestion, it looks like an interesting piece of software.  Unfortunately as I use a Mac, not a PC.

Regards