mordonian

Connecting Nintendo Wii to BT HomeHub 2.0

Trying to connect a Nintendo Wii to a BT HomeHub 2.0 and keep getting error codes. 

A quick look on the Nintendo website suggest that error code 52030 is to do with "It appears that the security settings entered into the Wii console are not the same as what your wireless router is set to allow, or your router is not able to assign the Wii an IP address."

I've checked the security password matches the password on the HomeHub - and tried using the different security types (WEP, WPA and WPA2) but no luck. Whatever I do it never passes the connection test.

Any suggestions?

Aspiring Expert
deltaflyer

Re: Connecting Nintendo Wii to BT HomeHub 2.0

had that problem myself, i solved it by pressing the wireless button & then getting the wii to connect. may or may not work for you,but, give it a try

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
free your computer, use opensource
i'm a linux user & very happy about it
Expert
geaves

What this might be is the wireless key itself, I never use BT's wireless key I always set my own and it is numeric, e.g. 12345678 and the Wii accepts this.

To give you an example a friend of mine uses Orange, if you type in the network key that is printed on the router the PC errors, if I use an Ethernet connection login to the router then copy and paste the network key to the PC's wireless settings it works. If I change the key to numeric only, then type it into the wireless connection on the PC, it works. Who knows...I don't I'm just satisfied when it works.

mordonian

Have now resolved the problem:

1)   Changed the security key to a numerical only key

2)   Went through the connection setup process on the Wii and it connected with new security key

3)   Once connection had been established I went back to the HomeHub admin screen and changed the security back to a more secure combination of letters and numbers

4)   Changed the security key in the Wii settings to the new code and tested to make sure that the connection was still working

Job done! Thanks for your help

Expert
geaves

Excellent....happy days....:smileyhappy:

If you could mark the tread as solved it would help others if they search the forum with the same problem.