Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Beginner
0 Ratings

Delivery Receipts

I have just moved to BT Infinity and would like to have the 'Delivery Receipt' facility that I had with my previous ISP. I use Microsoft Outlook 2010 and have already ticked both the 'Delivery' and Read' Receipt boxes, but I am not getting either.

Is there something else I need to do for this to work ?

Smiley Indifferent

Recognised Expert
0 Ratings

Re: Delivery Receipts

Smike47 wrote:

I have just moved to BT Infinity and would like to have the 'Delivery Receipt' facility that I had with my previous ISP. I use Microsoft Outlook 2010 and have already ticked both the 'Delivery' and Read' Receipt boxes, but I am not getting either.

That's handled entirely by the email client software. The sending client requests it. The receiving client responds to the request - usually by ignoring it !

It's nothing to do with the service provider, or Infinity.

Is there something else I need to do for this to work ?

Persuade your recipients to enable it in their software.

Beginner
0 Ratings

You are referring to 'Read Receipts' which is quite correct, the other person needs to enable it.

I was referring to 'Delivery Receipts' which cannot be disabled or enabled by client. If you check the Mail settings it only gives you the option of not accepting/not accepting Read Reciepts.

Therefore my question still remains, how can I ensure I receive a Delivery Receipt - is this controlled by the ISP ?

Recognised Expert
0 Ratings

[ Edited ]

Smike47 wrote:

You are referring to 'Read Receipts' which is quite correct, the other person needs to enable it.

I was referring to 'Delivery Receipts'

OK - my bad. People often use the two interchangeably when, in the main, they're referring to read receipts.

which cannot be disabled or enabled by client. If you check the Mail settings it only gives you the option of not accepting/not accepting Read Reciepts.

Therefore my question still remains, how can I ensure I receive a Delivery Receipt -

You can't. You can request them, but you can't be sure that your request will be honoured.

is this controlled by the ISP ?

Probably yes - but not your ISP. They're generated by the final MTA which, in a typical scenario, is the mail system at the recipients ISP.