Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert
0 Ratings

Re: EO Lines in entire township

Fibre Cabs connect to the Parent Exchange and not the child one.
Distinguished Sage

It is not of the slightest interest to the OP where the fibre connects to. As long as it apears at the cabinet, that is all that matters.

Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

Thanks, well that will be better than the 30gb capped 2mb wireless internet i have at the moment. after I had posted i looked out of the window to see the box open, talked to a guy employed by Huawei who said he was connecting everone up and it was now all down to BT.

Its the first time I had seen the inside of a green box , he was putting long white numbered sticks into slots after configering them on his wireless palm top all very interesting, but he was busy so I did not bug him any more

Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

It might take a few weeks/months for all the copper cables to be routed through the cabinet.

Once there's a silver lock on the cabinet that means it's ready for service, but that doesn't always mean all the copper lines of customers are routed through it and the database update at that time.

Just need to keep an eye on things Smiley Happy
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Expert
0 Ratings

'It is not of the slightest interest to the OP where the fibre connects to. As long as it apears at the cabinet, that is all that matters.'

Then why bring it up twice?
Distinguished Sage

To see if you would bite. Smiley Wink

Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

Well it's got a big silver lock on it so I suppose things are looking up, many thanks for all the help everyone

Distinguished Sage

Happy days, keep checking the checker. As I said, it could take weeks or months. All the lock means is that it'll soon be ready to place an order if a line goes through it. Hopefully yours won't be too long Smiley Happy
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

[ Edited ]

Well I was informed by my neighbor , 30m away that he was able to order his infinity package today, so now having spent a hour or so on the telephone being passed from one team to another I have been told I that I cannot, but they cannot give a reason, open reach site  still say they are exploring options from my exchange , but that is the exchange my neighbor is on as well,  but the box is here others are getting order accepted. The final team I was put through to as I was told no FTTC but I could order FTTP which I don,t need or want, when that was checked by that time I was told no go on that either. 

So where to to go from here, looks like twoway satellite 😫

All very confusing 

And this email I have just received means nothing to me even the address forumwise

Fibre Broadband Availability - Customer

Please quote ref:****-*****in any communications.

Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

It can taker time for all lines to move to the new cabinet I suggest you try again in a weeks time

john46 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.