on 12-04-2011 14h30
I've had BT broadband now for about 6 weeks and I've had nothing but problems. Mainly that it keeps disconnecting me at random intervals, sometimes hours apart, sometimes minutes. And the only thing I can see that could be causing it is the amount of HEC errors I'm getting. I've tried plugging directly into the test socket behind the facepanel and still get the same amount of errors, thus eliminating the internal wiring. I've changed the microfilter over 4 times and for sure I know 2 of the definitely work as I borrowed them from a friend and they are fine at his place.
Stats from the router since my last restart are below, nearly quarter of a million HEC errors in 22 minutes... Any help would be appreciated!
(Oh and the BT line test says the line is fine by the way, though I used to test RedCares for a living so I know exactly how reliable that thing is!)
|ADSL line status|
on 12-04-2011 15h25
for an attenuation of 39 you have a tremendous connection at 13782 as kitz shows 9568 on a good line! it could be that your speed may drop a bit and your line become a bit more stable
on 12-04-2011 15h42
on 12-04-2011 16h10
your connection is 13782 as shown on the stats you posted - do you meean your download is 10000?
on 12-04-2011 16h31
Yeah sorry download speed is below 10000, getting between 9000 and 9500.
Router has now been connected for just under 2 and a half hours and have just over 3 million HEC errors!
on 12-04-2011 17h08
can you run btspeedtester and post the results
on 12-04-2011 17h33
Posted below. Download speed is the highest I've seen it in a few weeks Over the last few days, as I said, been getting 9 to 9.5.
Download speedachieved during the test was - 11077 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 4000-21000 Kbps.
Your DSL Connection Rate :13782 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 1111 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 10000 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 17.4:23.87:58.73 (SBE:NBEBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.
The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes.
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 776 Kbps
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 1111 Kbps
on 12-04-2011 18h38
I'll say it again you have a tremendous connection for a 39 attenuation. I just hope it holds for you