Beginner
Krizyd

HELP using Microsoft Windows Network on a BT home hub 2.0

Hi,

I use to have my own network where we all in the house could share drives, files and printers across the network using the Microsoft windows network using a Netgear router. This was so much easier to setup and use. Now that I have the black BT home hub 2.0 that whole facility has gone. I've gone into the BT home hub and turned off the firewall but still no luck. If I had previous mapped drives and printers, they still work but I can't add any new ones.

Can someone please tell me how to set up the hub to be able to share drives and printers across the network?

Thank you.

Sage
imjolly

Re: HELP using Microsoft Windows Network on a BT home hub 2.0

you should not need to make any changes to the hub to enable you to share drives/files/printer across your home network.  you may need to go into the sharing centre of each pc/laptop and set up sharing again

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Beginner
Krizyd

I don't need to because the drives are already set up to share. If i just replace the BT home hub for a spare Belkin wireless router i have, it all works as it should so my work around is. Put in belkin router in, map any new drives and printers then put the BT home hub back in. It's the BT home that won't allow any explore access to the microsoft workgroup on the network. Do you think the home hub is faulty?   

Sage
imjolly

I did share 2 laptops and 2 pc and a printer when I used my hub v2 without any changes to the standard setup

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Guru
DS

Hi Krizyd

If I'm honest I aint gotta clue when it comes to networking

But, have a look at http://www.jarviser.co.uk/jarviser/largenet.html

(some useful info on there)

-+-No longer a forum member-+-