Beginner
bbrown3112

HP PAVILION G6 CONNECTS TO BT FON/OPENZONE BUT NOT HOMEHUB

I have a HP Pavilion G6 Laptop that I have had since 25/12/11. It seems to be having a problem though...

I cannot seem to connect to my BT Homehub 2.0. I am able to connect to other wireless devices and even the BT FON and openzone FROM THE SAME ROUTER! I find this very annoying, as BT FON is irritating with the auto log out and the unreliability of it all.

I have had this problem before, so I phoned up knowhow, and I had to reset my laptop to factory settings. It is now happening again and I have important files that would be a pain to lose! But again, it only refuses connection on this home hub... It is also happy to connect the hub through ethernet...

ONE OF THE BIGGEST ISSUES IS THAT I HAVE OTHER DEVICES (iMAC iPHONES, XBOX 360s ETC.) THAT ALL CONNECT TO IT NO PROBLEM, BUT THIS LAPTOP DOESN'T WANT TO!

This is what I have tried so far:

1) Contacting BT and having a lovely 1.5 hour remote PC session, getting nowhere...

2) Changing settings on the router (Change to channel 11, 1 and changing b/g/n to b/g).

3) Forgetting the wireless drivers on the laptop and re-installing them...

4) Reset the Hub to factory settings

5) Changed WPA2 to WPA and WEP.

ALL OF THIS TO NO HOPE!

PLEASE HELP!

Sage
john46

Re: HP PAVILION G6 CONNECTS TO BT FON/OPENZONE BUT NOT HOMEHUB

it is not the wireless drivers you are having a problem with you need to remove all shown wireless networks from the laptop then let windows find the networks again when you see your hubs ssid then click on it then enter the encryption code just ensure you delete any other connections
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Sage
Keith_Beddoe

[ Edited ]

Have you tried resetting the home hub to factory default?

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Beginner
bbrown3112

Yes number 4 on my list :smileyhappy:
Beginner
bbrown3112

You are getting closer! My computer now says connected to it. (It has done this before though, in the last few days.)  But again no internet connection...

This is sooo fustrating! :smileymad:

Sage
john46

have you by any chance installed the by disk on the laptop??
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Beginner
bbrown3112

[ Edited ]

I am not sure what disc you are on about, I dont remeber getting one with the hub.

Guru
Aarong

yea john is right there should have been a disc that comes with the hub, have you tried putting it into DMZ? or manually assigning an IP address to your laptop?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution