Beginner
Gutter

Homehub 2 admin login

Can't seem to login to the admin on my hub. admin, Admin or ADMIN not recognised, OR password on back of hub not recognised (Caps lock on or off). Tried a factory reset, tried Firefox, Chrome and IE8 but no joy. Any ideas out there?

Sage
imjolly

Re: Homehub 2 admin login

if it's a hub2 then enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and if you have done a factory reset then the password should be on the card that came with the hub or I think on the back of the hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Guru
DS

As imjolly wrote the admin password is on the label on the rear of the hub 2.

Regarding the factory reset - have you pressed the little red button that is recessed?

If you press and hold the button for 15 seconds the hub will then carry out a full factory reset. Keep pressing until the hub's power light flashes orange and then release it. Any user changes that have been made to the hub will need to be reconfigured.

Then make sure that you're not typing a 5 instead of an S (as Redflake discovered!)

Also all the hubs that I own have the admin password that are in capitals.

If this solves your log in problem then once you have typed the hub's password in, it will request a new password. You may have done this already and forgotten what it was.

If this doesn't solve it then it sounds like the hub is possibly faulty.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Beginner
Gutter

Is there any way to reset the password to its original?
Distinguished Guru
DS

Hi Gutter and welcome

Follow the instructions in my post above - 15 second press etc - and the password will revert to the one shown on the back of the hub (on the label).

-+-No longer a forum member-+-