JohnMason

How do I find out my ISP Network Login ID, is it as simple as my email address?

Hello,

Can anyone guide me to how I can find my ISP network log-in Id and password.

I am being loaned a company laptop and router which they will configure for me.

I have been asked for the above information.

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Re: How do I find out my ISP Network Login ID, is it as simple as my email address?

The only thing you need to configure is your router. In the login name put "btbroadband@btbroadband.com" and the password is "bt". In fact the user name can be anything, as long as it ends "@btbroadband.com"

Authentication is done against your landline telephone number, so you don`t need to supply your e-mail address and password.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

JohnMason

Re: How do I find out my ISP Network Login ID, is it as simple as my email address?

Thanks for the feedback.  Can btinternet.com be a substitute for btbroadband.com because that is the only address details I have?

Contributor
adamwebb28

They just need to use btbroadband@btbroadband.com its a generic username thats used by all of BT's customers. As Keith_Beddoe said, BT use you're phone number to authenticate you're account.
Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Forget about btinternet.com, its not relevant and probably would not work for authentication.
There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Aspiring Expert
Redflake

BT usually tell you to use the name on the account ie: joe.bloggs@btbroadband.com.

You don't need a password but some routers insist on one, in which case BT is usually used.

Here's the answer from the BT help section.

BT Broadband helpdesks cannot provide support for equipment you have purchased from other suppliers.

If you are having problems with equipment purchased from another supplier, please consult the manual or user guide supplied with the equipment or contact the vendor for advice.

Hints on configuring a non-BT router
You need to ensure that your router is configured to work on ADSL lines in the UK. Within your router's settings you will need to input a telephone number or VPI/VCI standard. In both cases you should check that this is set to 0,38. Most ADSL routers supplied for sale in the UK will be pre-set to this.

You also require your BT Broadband username. This is made up of your.name@btbroadband.com where 'your' equals your first name and 'name' equals your surname, e.g. joe.bloggs@btbroadband.com. BT Broadband does not require that you enter a password to connect, but some routers won't connect to the Internet without a password. If this is the case, enter the word BT.

Aspiring Expert
submarinex1

thanks for this info, i was trying to work out what it was.