fznuk

How do i check my broadband usage this month?

Im on Unlimited broadband and know i will get notified if i go over 100gb a month but how do i physically check how much ive used already this month?

Aspiring Expert
Sweeney47

Re: How do i check my broadband usage this month?

You can ring BT and ask them they might be able to give you a figure, I don't have the number though. You can download network monitors to act as a guide but I wouldn't rely too heavily on them. Apart from that you cant, there is no account login option to check etc.

Aspiring Contributor
unsteadyken

You could use a network monitor such as Net Meter which I have had running for a couple of years with no problems.
Currently showing 61.5GB downloaded since 24/08/09.
http://www.metal-machine.de/readerror/

Or you could reset your hub on the first of every month and check in the "Data transmitted/received" section of the Hub manager.
Expert
djh22

[ Edited ]

The problem with third party meters is that you have to install them on all your computers and they don't take into account the usage by any periferals attached to your hub such as an Xbox etc.

I use the Data transmitted/received on the Hub it seems reliable enough so long as the Hub is  not powered down.No need to reset it every month, just treat it like a gas,electricity or water meter, just take a reading on the last and first day of the month and subtract one from the other.

Del.