Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aspiring Contributor
Accepted Solution

How to get the latest firmware for BT Home Hub-3 & Save the Wireless Channel

I have had this new BT Home Hub3 activated last night. 

To get connected wireless to my Mac Book Air and iPod Touch, I had to refresh the Wireless Channel in my BT Home Hub settings. The Hub has selected the Channel 11 automatically that works well for my home wireless connection.

This morning, my Home Hub has reverted back to Channel 6 and my wireless would not work. I had to go back to the settings in the Home Hub-3 to "Refresh" to select the best Channel and it has chosen Channel 11 again and all works well.

My question is how could I get the Home Hub-3 to remember the selected channel without me in the morning to refresh the setting on a daily basis?[I have tried by selecting the "Apply" and a green circle with a tick to denote that the change had taken place]

Home Hub-3 current firmware Version 4.7.5.1.83.8.45 [Type A] and I noticed a new one available and How could I update mine to the latest?

Regards

Aspiring Expert

Re: How to get the latest firmware for BT Home Hub-3 & Save the Wireless Channel

if you select advance settings and go back to the wireless page, you will be able to see channel selection, likely to be on Automatic (smart wireless); here you can manually select channel 11 and it will stay there.

Check your exchange or major service outages

If someone has given a helpful answer, please click on their Ratings star on the left-hand side. :smileyhappy: ***
Aspiring Expert

Re: How to get the latest firmware for BT Home Hub-3 & Save the Wireless Channel

oh, and the firmware update should be automatic, you could try reseting the router to see if it reloads with the new one

Check your exchange or major service outages

If someone has given a helpful answer, please click on their Ratings star on the left-hand side. :smileyhappy: ***
Aspiring Contributor

HH3 does the channel selecting automatically and gets it's firmware updates the same way. You shouldn't have to do anything yourself except maybe change the SSID and network key if you really must! If you are having problems with either slow speeds or connecting to the HH3 then simply go to the hub manager (bthomehub.home) and use the refresh option, this always works for friends who have had the same problem, luckily I have always had a good connection and download/upload speed.
Aspiring Contributor

Rubbish! It is very bad advice to continually reset your hub, and it will not restart with the new firmware either, that is downloaded to the hub automatically by BT when it becomes available.
Aspiring Contributor

And be stuck permanently on a channel that is guaranteed to become congested at some time in the future, what rubbish some people post in the guise of advise, a case of the blind leading the blind!
Aspiring Contributor

Current Firmware for HH3 is

Current firmware:Version 4.7.5.1.83.8.57.1.3 (Type A)
Last updated:20/04/11
Aspiring Expert

My hub just says Version 4.7.5.1.83.8.57 (Type A) is that the same ?
Thanks

The latest firmware for the hub3 is .57:smileywink:

The firmware quoted above your post is for infinity.

Also the hub3 used on ADSL connections is currently shipped out with either .45 or .57 firmware

(.45 should be updated to .57 quite soon after it is first switched on)

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Aspiring Contributor

When I checked the Firmware on my HH3 it shows:

Hub Firmware Information

Current firmware:V100R001C01B031SP09_L_B
Last updated:Unknown

Is this Correct?  I have had the HH3 for 4 days.