Dodger777
Accepted Solution

Hub Software Download

Is it possible to download the Home Hub Software from anywhere ?

I'm connected via Ethernet so never bothered originally installing the software that came with the hub but as I now want to be able to switch on and off the wireless part of the hub I need the software so I can have this option in the "Advanced" section of the hub.

Unfortunately the CD refuses to play on my vista machine...it runs but sticks when the flash screen comes up to press continue :smileysad:

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Distinguished Guru
Ectophile

Re: Hub Software Download

You don't need the software to access the settings on the home hub. Just open your favourite web browser and enter http://bthomehub.home/
Expert
djh22

You can change your Hub’s settings using your Hub Manager
Open your web browser and type bthomehub.home in the address bar.
Access to some of the settings in Hub Manager is secured using an Admin password.
When accessing Hub Manager for the first time, you’ll be asked to enter the Admin
password from the back of your Hub and then to choose your own Admin password.

Hope this helps.

Dodger777

Hi and thanks for the reply.

That does give you access but only basic access..I believe I need to install the software to be able to access the feature of being able to disable the wireless part of the hub.

Just for your info I'm needing to disable the wireless during the times I use a digisender to watch tv in another room as the wireless interferes with the signal.

Thanks

Expert
djh22

Does this work ?

1. Log on to the Home Hub as above

2. Go into the 'Advanced' menu, and under 'Configuration' (Hub V1) or 'Settings' > 'Advanced Settings' (Hub v2), select 'Wireless'

3. You should now be at the 'Wireless Access Point' settings - select 'Configure' to edit these settings, and go through the following:

• Interface Enabled: not Ticked / Wireless connections disabled
Distinguished Guru
DS

[ Edited ]

@ Dodger

You can't disable the wireless until you opt out of Fon. You may not know this but many existing customers were opted in by BT during contract renewals:smileysurprised:. All new customers are automatically opted in:smileysurprised:. Once you opt out of Fon you then get the control back:smileywink:. It takes about 24 hours for the Fon bit to be deactivated.

Then via bthomehub.home you can disable and enable your wireless at your leisure as the turn on and off function returns.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Dodger777

Ahh excellent...I have it sussed now :smileyhappy:

Thank you very much for the help... Good Job well done !

Cheers