Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Distinguished Sage

Re: IS MY SPEED LOOKING OK

jonnyblue5 wrote:
you know what keith its a faceplate latest one that dont need filters, but in living room theres a extension socket on wall were sky plugs in no longer contracted now so unplugged it and my connection now stable

I am wondering if that "extension" has been wired correctly, it should be connected to the back of the removable front section, or plugged in the front of the master socket.

I have seen cases where there was an old terminal block where the line came in, and people had added a DIY extension to that terminal block, which they are not allowed to do, as its before the master socket.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Contributor

just done a namsco speed test and getting 7.5 meg never had that, and 32 second ping speed used to be 60
Contributor

think your right keith it does go to the old terminal block
Distinguished Sage

That extension or Sky box is wired wrong somewhere I would guess.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Contributor

no worris will leave it unplugged now.
Distinguished Sage

surely if sky had been connected to the phone socket without a filter and wired incorrectly then it would drop connection when sky connect to box which didn't happen as original stats shows 15days connected

still main thing is connection now seems better

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage

[ Edited ]

jonnyblue5 wrote:
think your right keith it does go to the old terminal block

That would explain it, and the errors.

Really you should disconnect that extension wiring if it does go back to an old block, as its very wrong to do it that way.

If you can remove it totally at the "block" end, then it should make things even better, and would bring the installation back to the way it should be. As the wiring "spur", is going to upset the broadband.

If you still need an extension, you are allowed to connect it to the wiring on the back of the filtered faceplate.