Suffolker

If change from BT to another line rental/broadband can I keep email adds?

I currently have both line rental and broadband with BT.  I was just wondering if I changed both to another provider would I still be able to keep my email address', these include 4 sub accounts?

Community Manager
SeanD

Re: If change from BT to another line rental/broadband can I keep email adds?

Hi Suffolker,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.

With BT Total broadband you get free email addresses that you can use.  If you decide to leave BT broadband then you will lose your email account unless you upgrade your email account to premium mail.  This will allow you to keep your email address for a fee of £1.50 per month per email address.

Please see here for more details What is BT Yahoo! Premium Mail?

Cheers

Sean

BTCare Community Manager

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry that we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)
alibh

Re: If change from BT to another line rental/broadband can I keep email adds?

hello, i'm in the same boat

although i am not the primary email address

do i have to wait until the broadband account is closed to upgrade or can i do it straight away (it's not my account so i'm not sure exactly when it is getting cancelled)

thanks