Contributor
ajwh

Infinity and Openzone

It may be a stupid question, but it's not clear from the BT website....

Does an Infinity contract include Openzone login minutes, or only FON?

Andrew

Aspiring Expert
Oddius09

Re: Infinity and Openzone

Contributor
ajwh

Unfortunately it doesn't....

The Infinity site says, under Optioin 2:

• Unlimited Wi-Fi minutes included

Get online when you are out and about with unlimited Wi-fi minutes. Access the internet at over a million Wi-fi hotspots.

BUT doesn't make it clear whether this is FON and/or Openzone.

Under Broadband Option 3 I had unlimited FON, but only 250 minutes Openzone.

BB Option 3 currently says:

. BT Total Broadband Customers Only. Unlimited Wi-Fi minutes for Internet access available in range of BT FON Wi-Fi Community members' BT Home Hubs (coverage dependent on number in active use) and BT Openzone Hotspots or FON access points outside of the UK. Wireless enabled equipment required. Conditions and Fair Usage Policy apply – see www.bt.com/btfon for details.

There is no such statement on the Infinity site...

Andrew

Aspiring Expert
Oddius09

Your right it has changed since I signed up to BT Infinity Opt2, when I last checked unlimited wifi minutes was defined as 500 minutes also now not showing up on my BT FON status page. Looking at the T&C's for BT FON you get below.

"4) Once opted-in to BT FON regardless of the BT Broadband Option* you have chosen, you will automatically be able to use unlimited** minutes to use the internet when you are in range of BT FON and BT Openzone access points.

** Subject to a Fair Use Policy of 10,000 minutes per month. If you exceed this in any given month your BTFON access will be suspended until the next month."

Contributor
ajwh

Looks encouraging!

Thanks

Andrew