Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Beginner
Accepted Solution

Internet suddenly very slow... Can anyone see a problem?

ADSL line status
Connection information
Line state	Connected
Connection time	0 days, 0:09:15
Downstream	5,792 Kbps
Upstream	448 Kbps
ADSL settings
VPI/VCI	0/38
Type	PPPoA
Modulation	ITU-T G.992.1
Latency type	Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)	5.9 dB / 20.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)	43.0 dB / 25.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up)	19.8 dBm / 12.0 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)	0
Loss of Signal (Local)	0
Loss of Power (Local)	0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)	321 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up)	0 / N/A
HEC Errors (Down/Up)	N/A / 0
Error Seconds (Local)	0

I have our router plugged straight into the test socket. The missus then plugged a landline phone into the normal socket without a filter and the internet worked fine. After a couple of days and a few phone calls later the internet has dropped to 0.05 k/s. The landline phone has been removed so the setup is as before but it is still slow.

When I had problems before (a year or so ago) my actual downstream speed reported to be much less and I was told on here to wait a few days until it went up again. And it did.

Do I need to wait a few days again for my internet to stabilise after this incident?

I have left the router on a few days since and checking the status page above a few times it seems to be resetting itself. Once it got to 9 hours and then next time I checked it had reset and was only 2 hours in. Is it normal for the connection to be dropping by itself?

The results from the speed test are as follows:

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 112 Kbps

0 Kbps250 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 112 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-250 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :5792 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps
Distinguished Sage

Re: Internet suddenly very slow... Can anyone see a problem?

the disconnection have resulted in your profile hitting rock bottom 135.  if you leave it connected it should satbilise and after 3/5 days connected maybe sooner your profile will come back to normal  check here  http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/IPprofile.htm

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage

Hi Yes you need to wait 3/5 days with no restarts of thee hub for your ip profile to rise again

It is also important that all phones sky boxes etc. are connected using filters if not that will cause disconnections and the problem you are currently having
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Beginner

Thanks guys! I wanted to mark both as the solution but I couldnt :smileyvery-happy:

Fingers crossed itll sort itself out real soon!

Beginner

If the profile does not reset properly the Bras might be stuck. Theoretically it should clear itself up as has been suggested however there are times when this does not happen. In the event the profile does not reset you will need to contact technical support and request that an SNR reset be carried out.
Distinguished Sage

Hi coffear You do no need an snr reset for an ip profile problem
The ip profile can be reset independently there is nothing wrong with the posters snr that is already at the default level
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’