Distinguished Guru
DS

Re: Is BT blocking PutLocker.com ?

Time for input from BT on this me thinks....

Though just tried and both putlocker and sockshare both still load fine for me - to date they've never failed to load

current settings

Default gateway:217.47.203.58 
Primary DNS:217.32.171.22 
Secondary DNS:213.120.234.10
-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Distinguished Guru
DS

In case another reported issue doesn't get posted here, mods please also refer to this new post - http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/BT-Infinity-and-Pages-Not-Loading/m-p/396895#M24967

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Beginner
iancoles

I'm having problems reaching www.latimes.com !!

Have been using BT Infinity successfully for two months, but two weeks ago suddenly started to experience my browser stalling, websites not loading at all (eg www.latimes.com - simply will not load any of the home page), some sites loading but repeatedly not completing the download of all items (per message in browser footer). 

I'm using iMac connected via ethernet to BT HH3 and BT Infinity. Problems occur regardless of whether I'm using Safari, Firefox or Google Chrome. Have tried restarting my router but problem persists.

Have scouted around various forums with a common suggestion being to change DNS server addresses etc, but not comfortable doing this unless generally accepted to be a robust remedy.

Any suggestions / advice gratefully received.

Sage
john46

no problems with that site here on either mac or win 7 loads almost immediately
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Sage
john46

there is no reason not to change DNS addresses
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
skene18

Ok.

Contacted BT.  They disagree they are to blame for the non loading of Putlocker.

But heres what I tried after being loff putlocker for 5 days..

I use my movie site (let me watch this) and then I go to the links for my movies and then simply click all the links, one after an other and then 90% of the pages failed to load but 2 putlocker pages did and now  I am watching my movie on putlocker after BT kept me off.

Give it a bash and let me know if it works

Aspiring Contributor
singularity45

[ Edited ]

OK, so it seems some people can access Putlocker but I cannot.

My computer and browser are fine...

because I can access PutLocker via using a Proxy IP address, so there is definitely a problem with my BT IP address.

It is worthwhile to note my IP address changes everytime I switch off my router so whoever is blocking the BT IP addresses, for Putlocker, is blocking a wide range of addresses.

So the question is.... who is doing the blocking?

It seems it can only be 1 of 2 options: PutLocker or BT.

The odd thing is that there is no notification from either party regarding the block.

Usually if a site blocks you there will be a notification stating your IP address is blocked, such as country specific websites which say: this site is not available in your country.

I cannot understand why Putlocker or BT would block me from the site, without explanation, but the blocking did begin shortly after Megaupload was closed down.

So, if I can access PutLocker via a Proxy Server, why can't I access the site via my normal UK based BT IP address?

My browser, router, and computer are all obviously fully functional thus the Proxy works fine.

Aspiring Contributor
singularity45

[ Edited ]

I think what is happening is that BT are not actually blocking the site, they are simply throttling traffic to the site VERY HARSHLY, so harsh is the throttling that the site appears blocked. I suspect after MegaUpload closed there was a large spike in traffic to PutLocker and this is the reason for the throttling.

I have just managed to load PutLocker but it took around 4 or 5 mins to load the page.

Net-neutrality?

DavidM

Hi Guys,

Thanks for posting. If you’re having problems accessing the site try running a tracert and drop me and email with the details. You’ll find the “contact us” form in the about me section of my profile.

Cheers

David

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)

Contributor
xbehindthelinesx

[ Edited ]

DavidM wrote:

Hi Guys,

Thanks for posting. If you’re having problems accessing the site try running a tracert

How do I do this?

edit: ignore this I've done it