Aspiring Expert
MikeFlint
Accepted Solution

Landline not ringing when someone calls my Home Hub line

Hello!

I have a problem that seems to have only just started, although I couldn't swear to it.

I have a hub phone, and two land-line phones; all configured to ring whenever anyone rings either my landline number or my hub number.

In general I dont give out my hub number and people ring my landline (I use my hub phone for outgoing calls); when they call my landline, all the phones ring, and I can pick-up at any phone (landline or hub).

However, I have received a few calls recently on my hub number - and only that phone has rung. Not my landlines. As the hub phone is usually tucked away in a bedroom there's little chance of it being heard, or of me getting to it in time.

I have my config set to "ring landline and hub phones" (in both cases).  I've tried switching it to say "ring hub phone only" (like how it's behaving); then swtiching it back to ring both, but no joy.

I have a feeling(!) that a hub reset might cure the problem, but I'm loathe to do that as I'm now getting ADSL2+ speeds and don't want to risk that.  

Can anyone think of other options to take?   This is a HH 1.5 ...

Thanks.

Contributor
Malcolm_Herring

Re: Landline not ringing when someone calls my Home Hub line

Landline phones can only ring on calls to the landline number. There is no mechanism (nor can there be at the subscriber end) to ring them on calls to the BB Talk number.

Expert
IanC

MikeFlint wrote:

Hello!

I have a problem that seems to have only just started, although I couldn't swear to it.

I have a hub phone, and two land-line phones; all configured to ring whenever anyone rings either my landline number or my hub number.

As Malcolm says, there is no means for this to work.  The only option on incoming calls to the BBT number, in addition to ringing the hubphone/s, is to also ring any 'phones connected to the phone socket of the Hub -- but that's not the landline.

I guess you've had this "problem" rather longer than you think :smileysad:

Aspiring Expert
MikeFlint

Ah yes ... As I said, I rarely get calls on this number, and I used to have a phone plugged into the hub but abandoned that once I reorganised my cables. I was confused by the text on the hub page. I'll mark as solved. Thanks!