Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
0 Ratings

Monthly Limit

Hi everyone, I became a BT phone and broadband customer just over 2 weeks ago and so far the experience has been great. Just one question for the wise ones out there, I am on option 2 BB and if i understand the fup correctly it doesn't matter how much over the 40gb i use in my first month i wont be charged any extra. I have been using it an awful lot for tv catch up services a situation that should be remedied by the arrival of btv box on Friday. If from the 1st of next month i install a usage montor and keep well below the 40gb for september will this ensure i have noadditional charges. Thanks in advance for your help. BTW how easy is the vision box to set up.

Recognised Expert
0 Ratings

Re: Monthly Limit

kddunkeswell wrote:

Hi everyone, I became a BT phone and broadband customer just over 2 weeks ago and so far the experience has been great. Just one question for the wise ones out there, I am on option 2 BB and if i understand the fup correctly it doesn't matter how much over the 40gb i use in my first month i wont be charged any extra.

That's how it reads to me...

I have been using it an awful lot for tv catch up services a situation that should be remedied by the arrival of btv box on Friday. If from the 1st of next month i install a usage montor and keep well below the 40gb for september will this ensure i have noadditional charges.

Should do. Most usage monitors will only measure traffic on the device on which they're installed. If you've only a single PC that's not a problem, but it's currently not easy to measure usage by devices such as games consoles, Internet TVs etc.

BT are apparently introducing an online usage monitor some time...

Thanks in advance for your help. BTW how easy is the vision box to set up.

Mine was extremely straightforward, and that was a few years ago when the service was introduced. I believe the box has changed since then though...