Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aspiring Contributor

New Bt hub, broadband flashing orange...

I just got the BT hub, but unfortunately it doesn't work. The broadband light flashes orange and the internet on the PC doesn't work. I did everything that BT says to do, but to no avail. I even pressed the wireless button and this makes the broadband light turn blue, but the wireless light flash orange. I need urgent help as I've got homework to hand in tomorrow!
Distinguished Sage

Re: New Bt hub, broadband flashing orange...

is this a new bt broadband connection or existing bt connection with a new hub?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage

how long have you had BT broadband?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Aspiring Contributor

I just got it today, at about 12 and no I used to have sky
Distinguished Sage

when is the activation day - today?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Guru

Is it due to go active today? Engineers might not have jumpered it in the exchange (although I would have thought by this time they have). Flashing orange means that there's no sync (connection with the exchange). I'm assuming you don't still have your sky router plugged in?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Expert

SOunds like the service isn't active yet, it can be upto late night, but normally seems to be done by early evening. You will need to wait until after the activation date to chase up as you will get the standard reply from tech support should you try now.

Distinguished Sage

Your bt broad band can be activated any time up until midnight on your day of activation it look's like you are still with sky all you can do is wait and keep trying
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Aspiring Contributor

No I don't have the sky modem in, I just called BT and they said it might work tomorrow.
Distinguished Sage

what is your activation date ?