Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Beginner
0 Ratings

No Bradband/ Phone

Recenctly switched from Virgin to BT for cost reasons. Thought it was a good deal..
Service meant to start 3rd April. Didnt actually get Broadband running until May 2nd.....!
Been running OK for a couple of weeks then wednesday....no internet or phone. Call to support established it was a BT side fault. Repair promissed in 24 hours. Friday morning still no line. Called again. Repair by end of Saturday. Today (sunday) still no service. Repair between 8 and 1pm tomorrow (monday). We'll see but i'm running out of patience.
Getting more than a little annoyed now. Wish i'd staid with Virgin.
Clearly waisting my time ringing BT support as the repair information they give out is clearly a figment of someone's imagination. If I was in the middle of nowhere.....but Surrey? Does it really take this long?

So at what point do I call up Virgin?

Anyone getting the same service as me?
Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

Re: No Bradband/ Phone

Openreach repair times are 3 working days after the fault is reported you will not get a repair on a Sunday

john46 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

john46 wrote:
Openreach repair times are 3 working days after the fault is reported you will not get a repair on a Sunday

@john46

That changed last June.

See this post https://community.bt.com/t5/Phones/Landline-and-Broadboand-Out-for-8-days/m-p/1748259#M55034 and my post after it.

Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

Ok thanks Keith had not seen that before

john46 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Beginner
0 Ratings

Well the good news is it's finally working again.

As of about 10am this morning Monday.  Reported last Wenesday (17th May) so no phone line or Broadband for 5 days.... definately nowhere near a 24 hour response time even allowing for business days!!

Still I've now had a service for 18 days ...since the 4 April so thats about 50% uptime since the first day of installation.

(Notice I am being optimistic ....I could have said 50% downtime).

Let's hope things improve from now on.

Beginner
0 Ratings

No it's not....5 working days is the message from customer support

Highlighted
0 Ratings

Hi @ntom and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having so many problems with your services. Is this being case managed for you? Have you been promised a call back with updates?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDavidM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
Beginner
0 Ratings

Well I hope it's being managed ...I've called the support centre though I've yet to get closer to a solution.

Beginner
0 Ratings

Interesting that my updated post indicating new problems last week has been removed from the thread....

Beginner
0 Ratings

So to re-cap:

Last Thursday I noticed my broadband speed had dropped away & I kep getting the router message that there was no internet.

I checked broadband on Speedtest.net.....   2Mbps

I called BT support on Friday..... & (to cut a very long story short) we eventually agreed there was BT side fault (again).

Engineer response promised in 5 working days..... i.e. a week!