Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings
Accepted Solution

No Broadband Service HELP!!!

Since Saturday our internet has just stopped, we were on an orange steady light on our smart hub and now it's flashing purple.

Was told it was a major fault in our area and would be cleared by 4pm Sunday.

I get a text at 6.30am Sunday waking me up to tell me it's fixed when in fact it really isn't.

My neighbour's internet is down too and they're with Sky, I was promised an engineer was coming out to our street and we haven't seen anyone as such.

Tried technical on the chat thingy here only to be told I'll get an update on the 21st which is another 48 hours away so I'm not happy with that. Veena on the chat can't spell, I've had a god morning, and is it a problem with your braod band, and then finally im teribally sorry. So unprofessional.

Only to be told the last adviser (I've made 3 telephone calls in 2 days) hasn't asked for it to be escalated when they clearly told me it would be! I've taken the socket apart and done all the checks like they asked and they admit it's a fault at their end but still haven't sent an engineer out and also haven't even scheduled one according to Veena!!!

At a loss of what to do, when I log into My BT I can see my two faults, Saturday and Sunday, when I click then to check the status it says there are no open faults on my account!!!

Just do not know what to do, this is the 3rd time I've had days of loss of service since I joined BT in September and my boyfriend is going spare at me about them. They won't let him talk to them when I'm not there even when I've specifically asked to have his details added to the account as the direct debit comes out of our joint account.

Help please anyone!!! 

Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

Re: No Broadband Service HELP!!!

If it is a major fault in your area unfortunately there is nothing BT Consumer can do they are in Openreach's hands if the fault is with sky as well it is a complex fault and is taking longer than normal to fix al you can do is wait I am afraid

john46 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

So I've been resetting my smart hub every morning for 30 seconds, today I have a blue light and I can connect but the internet isn't working, on my phone I can open apps but they're not connecting. I've rang and BT are arranging an engineer for Saturday morning and I'm told to monitor it, is there anything I can do to resolve this problem so I can cancel the engineer.

I'm really paranoid it will be a simple fix and BT will charge me the £130 call out charge for an engineer and I really can't afford that, plus having no internet since 9am Saturday morning is really really rubbish :-(

Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

there is nothing an engineer can do if it is a major fault have you looked at the service status page

https://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do;jsessionid=0X7GVLnXC3zNTnPxDfpnMh...
also stop restarting the hub as that can cause more problems

Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

BT have said all the faults outside are cleared now, so why would my internet not be working on a blue light?

I literally load up any apps and they wont load although my wifi says connected
Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

Also that fault checker link doesnr work for me, i out in my phone number it says you have 1 open fault please log in to view it, i log in and it says no open faulta. It gives me no information on major faults in the area and doesnt register the individual fault i have raised!!!

Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

the service status will not show your individual fault try using the link without your phone number also check for any  Loss of Broadband and Telephone services when using the status check

Try a Search
Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

you could try a factory reset of your hub using the reset pinhole at back of your hub

Try a Search
Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

nothing else appears other than putting my phone number in to check, even tried just the dial code 01384 (west midlands, brierley hill) and it comes up red doesnt like it.
we put a pin in it when this all started would you suggest doing that again?
Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

yes since the problem appears fixed

Try a Search