Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Beginner
Accepted Solution

Port Forwarding

I have had a terrible time trying to Port Forward with BT Broadband
I am currently trying to Port Forward a game called Minecraft so that my friends can join my server, but they get the message "Connection Timed Out"
The port for Minecraft is 25565

I have it set up as:

But it still doesn't work, am I doing anything wrong?

My other experience with Port Forwarding is with Halo 1, I had been trying to get that to work
But my friends trying to join my games got the error "Connection timed out" again
Here is how I had Halo set up:

When I did that I was following a guide on Port Forwarding

Presuming these settings were correct, I'd guess this has something to do with setting it with the correct device
I'm currently connecting it with the name of the device, so it may be better for me to connect it to the IP of the device
So where can I find the IP on my computer to put in the "User Defined" category

If somebody could tell me this, I could check to see if that were the case; if it isn't the case I will ask you guys if I could've done anything else wrong

Aspiring Expert

Re: Port Forwarding

to find your i.p.for your p.c., go to run-type cmd & press enter.then type ipconfig -a and press enter it will then show your p.c.'s i.p. address. If you want your routers i.p. that's different & there are several ways to do this.easiest being,to go to bthomehub.home in a browser & click on advanced,fill in password & then continue to advanced,then go to broadband tab & it will be near the bottom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
free your computer, use opensource
i'm a linux user & very happy about it
Beginner

Thanks for the reply
It still didn't work though, so I'm guessing the problem is something else
Does anyone see anything else that could be wrong?
Aspiring Expert

I'm not sure about halo 1, but on your second port line for minecraft, the UDP line, you shouldn't change the trigger protocol, that should still be TCP. Also a word of warning. PortForward.com does not always give you the right ports. You might want to try and find out what the actual ports are from the Internet.
Beginner

Ah, thanks
Changing it to TCP worked

Aspiring Expert

No problem, we're here to help Smiley Wink
Aspiring Expert

I forgot to ask, because my post solved your problem, is there any chance you could click the rating button? Cheers
Aspiring Expert

For your Halo, I suggest that you change the first protocol of your second line to TCP. The bottom two lines are the same, whereas one should be TCP and one UDP.

Nathan
Beginner

I think you're mistaken about the bottom 2 lines
One of them is 2302 and the other is 2303

So the 3 ports for Halo are 80, 2302 and 2303
So would I be right in forwarding all those ports twice, once as TCP and the other as UDP?
Aspiring Expert

To sort out your Halo problems, read this link

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829473

it should help you change any settings that need changing

Smiley Happy