Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Beginner
Accepted Solution

Power Save Not Working

I want to make use of the Power Save mode on the home hub 2. I followed the instructions and set up power save but it does not appear to work. As a test I set it to power save between 9:00 and 17:30 (it's currently 14:44).

The power save screen says "Enable Power Save Mode" = "Yes", however when I go to the Home page and refresh it states "BT Power Save" = "Not currently active" implying that it is not within the alloted hours of power save when clearly it should be. Also the power light does not change to orange. The time and date are correctly set on the hub and the computer.

I've tried it with numerous different times and it will not enter power save mode. Any ideas please?

Beginner

Re: Power Save Not Working

Bumping this as I still have not been able to resolve this/

Community Manager

Hi DrTeeth,

Thanks for the posts and welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you are doing everything correctly.  Are you sure you have clicked on 'apply' button once you have entered the power save times?

Please take a look at this link How do I set up BT Power Save on the BT Home Hub 2.0?

If you still have problems in doing this please get back to me.

Cheers

Sean

BTCare Community Manager

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry that we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)
Beginner

Thanks for the reply. Yes, instructions you posted are exactly what I am doing.

These screen shots show the problem.

1st Image shows Power Save screen after applying the changes. Note the time and date highlighted at the bottom. Power save time should be active now.

The second image shows the home page of the hub where it states Power Save "Not currently Active" - note the time and date at the bottom is within the Power Save time but it's not activating it - nor does the hub itself show the power light to be orange as it should be if it's Power saving.

I've tried on / off'ing the hub bit no change/

Beginner

Oops forgot to post second image....

Aspiring Contributor

Power Save will not automatically start up if you set it for the a time that you are currently in.  If you set it for 7a to 7p at 5p.m., then it won't start until 7a the next day.

If you want to test it, set it for a little while ahead of time.

Beginner

Ok thanks very much for that it. It's all working now :smileyhappy:

Beginner

[ Edited ]

if i want to access wifi by getting out of power save mode, i press restart, but how do i put it back into power save mode when i've finished with wifi?

Beginner

if i want to access wifi by getting out of power save mode, i press restart, but how do i put it back into power save mode when i've finished with wifi?

Aspiring Contributor

If you turn off power save mode, it won't restart until the next day when it again hits the Power Save start time.  So, if Power save is on starting at 7p.m., then you press restart at 8p.m., the next time Power Save will automatically turn back on is at 7p.m. the next day.