Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert

Removing the Bell Wire...

I have read on the internet that removing the bell wire can improve your broadband speed. All the guides on this are on the old sockets. I have a new filtered socket, I have taken the faceplate off and I can see that a wire is connected to terminal 3 which is where the ring wire is connected. If I remove this wire, is it safe and will it make any difference?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my answer was helpful, please give me a star by clicking the star on the left hand side.

Thank you.
Aspiring Contributor

Re: Removing the Bell Wire...

The new filtered sockets already have the bell wire removed. Which master socket do you have.?? and is the wire connected to terminal 3 orange and white. ??

Expert

Here is a picture of it: http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51PWOlMK65L._SL500_.jpg&...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my answer was helpful, please give me a star by clicking the star on the left hand side.

Thank you.
Expert

Their is a wire connected to terminal 3, but it's not orange and white. It's green.

Thank you.
Aspiring Contributor

Yea those ADSL filters already have the bell wire removed so that green wire must be in use i wouldn't go tampering with it just incase you mess something up and you dont want to have to call out a BT engineer because we all know what happens when he comes out. ££££££ !!! Smiley Happy