Beginner
Kodkod93

Rerouting the wireless from the home hub

As our house is quite long one end of it cant pick up the wireless and we do not want to move the home hub.Is there anyway that you can use a router like a linksy to reroute (relay) the wireless from the home hub so it can be picked up in the rest of the house? A simple as possible please
Expert
IanC

Re: Rerouting the wireless from the home hub

Kodkod93 wrote:
As our house is quite long one end of it cant pick up the wireless and we do not want to move the home hub.Is there anyway that you can use a router like a linksy to reroute (relay) the wireless from the home hub so it can be picked up in the rest of the house? A simple as possible please

Try http://www.jarviser.co.uk/jarviser/repeaterhubs.html

It's specifically about using 2 BT Homehubs, but the principles should hold good for whatever your hardware.

Beginner
Kodkod93

but we have the home hub 2.0 i beleive and the website says it will not work for this model and we wish to reroute the signal distrubuted from the home hub itself.

Beginner
Kodkod93

and we only have one home hub and we wish to use the linksy we acquired to relay the signal not buy another home hub

Aspiring Expert
MeanMint

To get the reapter to work with Home Hub 2 you must hard wire the other router to the hub. You can use a Cat5e/Cat6 network cable or use home plugs.

I have this setup and use two Home Hub 2's and it works a treat.

http://meanmint.spaces.live.com/
Beginner
Kodkod93

is there no way to do it all wireless

Beginner
Kodkod93

and what do you mean by home plug explain and how

Beginner
Kodkod93

would the home plug system work with a Play Station 3 or is another system best, if wireless is wanted but can not pick it up from where it is at the moment.
Expert
PheeragHfre

Try looking at this thread & some of the suggestions if you need Wifi.

"I have this awful feeling someone is watching every move I make (one of my pet hates is router location tagging)." Marvin (A paranoid Android)
Expert
ComputerGeek

Hi Kodkod93,

I will try and help and explain what homeplugs are and how you can extend your wireless signals etc

Ok, Homeplugs:  Basically large plug adapters which allows you to share your internet connection via your electricity supply.  You would plug one of the two plugs next to your BT home Hub and plug a cable from the plug to the BT Home Hub via a cable called an ethernet cable.  If you look at the back of the home hub you will see yellow sockets, they are ethernet sockets.

The other (second) plug will be somewhere else in your home, e.g. top floor of house which will have a socket to plug an ethernet cable into allowing you to connect that to a computer or PS3 which will have an ethernet socket.

OR, if you want to extend your wireless, you can buy a basic cable wireless router and plug that in with the second homeplug, however, where BT has a wireless signal, you will have another wireless signal which will need to be entered on the remote devices (e.g. top of house.

This worked very well for my friends who lived in a town house and had multiple devices.

hope this helps!

cg

CG Over An Out