Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Beginner

Returning BT HomeHub

[ Edited ]

Hi,

My contract with BT is soon to expire and I will be leaving the country so was wondering if anyone knows if there is an address to send the BT Home Hub back to? Or do they not expect you to return the hardware? I was never clear on that.

Cheers,

Pete

Distinguished Guru

Re: Returning BT HomeHub

If you've seen out the contract, then the hub is yours to do what you like with. BT do accept them back for recycling, but it's up to you. I've no idea what the address is - BT usually send out a big pre-paid envelope to post the kit back in.

Hi Phorsman,

Thanks for posting. The hub is your's. You can dispose of it at your local recycling depot or give it to a friend as a spare.

Cheers

David

DavidM | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
Distinguished Guru

DavidM wrote:

Hi Phorsman,

Thanks for posting. The hub is your's. You can dispose of it at your local recycling depot or give it to a friend as a spare.

Cheers

David

I guess that means that even BT doesn't want it back!Smiley Very Happy

On a serious note

MAKE SURE YOU RESET THE HUB TO FACTORY DEFAULT AS THERE IS A LOT OF INFO STORED ON ITSmiley Surprised

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Guru

[ Edited ]

DS wrote:

DavidM wrote:

Hi Phorsman,

Cheers

David

I guess that means that even BT doesn't want it back!Smiley Very Happy

On a serious note

MAKE SURE YOU RESET THE HUB TO FACTORY DEFAULT AS THERE IS A LOT OF INFO STORED ON ITSmiley Surprised

Seeing that he's leaving the country DS, I don't think he'll be putting much at risk....   Smiley Very Happy

Not unless you think someone in a dark suit would be interested in his BT vision udp packets.....   Smiley Very Happy

No seriously, good advice, always expose of peripherals with care.   Smiley Wink

Distinguished Guru

RogerB wrote:

Seeing that he's leaving the country DS, I don't think he'll be putting much at risk....   Smiley Very Happy

Although this is true I can imagine certain BT staff boarding a plane and tracking phorsman down so that they can get him/her to pay his/her BTBBT bill as the stored info relates to the BBT number and any contacts that he/she thought was only stored on the hub phone.Smiley Indifferent

Not unless you think someone in a dark suit would be interested in his BT vision udp packets.....   Smiley Very Happy

Dark suits with a BT Care logoSmiley Surprised

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Guru

DS wrote:

RogerB wrote:

Although this is true I can imagine certain BT staff boarding a plane and tracking phorsman down so that they can get him/her to pay his/her BTBBT bill as the stored info relates to the BBT number and any contacts that he/she thought was only stored on the hub phone.Smiley Indifferent

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nah..

2 things would stop them ....  the volcano dust cloud... and a lack of intelligent foresight  Smiley Very Happy