Expert
gouledw

SNR Reset:

Can I request an SNR reset for our line, which has now had new poles put in, and is now clear of noise, but I would like the mod's to do it on a specific date and time, as we haven't had the line connected up yet, but I'll be able to tell them a day when it will be connected up.  I know it takes them time to respond to messages...

Kind Regards

Edd

Expert
chris6273

Re: SNR Reset:

Hi gouledw,

Please use the form here: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951 to contact the mods :smileyhappy:

Cheers

Like this post? Give it a Star :smileyvery-happy:. If this post answers your question, please Mark it as the Accepted Solution.
Sage
imjolly

with the amout of work that is going to be done the your connection (and neighbours) it would not surprise me if they set your line back to training mode with the standard 6db NM

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Sage
john46

HI best left until the work is done then get it l reset just in case of delays in your new line installation as imjolly has said you my also go into a line training period
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Expert
gouledw

We're already on the 6Db SNR as if it was higher our line would stuff, I can only get a stable speed of 1.25MB for 9 days on a good week, usually it drops out every day with the Business HUb on an average day.
Expert
gouledw

Plus IMJolly it's only the last 200m to the house which has been poled. And we're on temp cable at the moment. They still have to find the problem on some 800m of underground cable which just runs to our property, I wish them good luck with that! Considering they don't know where they put it down, its not even ducted! :$
Expert
raymie67

As I undertand it all UG cable when not ducted (and perhaps when ducted) woudl be armoured. That being the case I would think a metal detector would find the cable path since they know both end of it unless there are lots of other underground stuff around but in a rural location that would be pretty uncommon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Expert
gouledw

New stats! Up from 1152kbps,

roadband Status
VPI: 0
VCI: 38
Broadband Negotiated Mode: G.DMT Annex A
Connection Status: CONNECTED
Speed (down/up): 2592 Kbps/448 Kbps
Number of Retrains: 1
Number of Retrains Elapsed Time: 0H: 02M: 17S
SNR Margin (Downstream/Upstream): 6.0 dB/12.0 dB
Attenuation (Downstream/Upstream): 63.0 dB/31.5 dB

:smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy: !!!!
Sage
imjolly

good connecton for a 63 attenuation

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Expert
gouledw

True attenuation is 68dB :smileytongue: