Aspiring Expert
Shetlander

Re: Shetland Broadband on its nose AGAIN!!!!

Well home from work this evening and still garbage. Latest test with speedtest.btwholsesale.com says

Down 0.9Megs   Up 0.09Megs

Beginner
Carnster

Had three days of terrible connection. I'm in Lerwick, and this kind of problem seems to happen every few weeks or so. I've got fed-up with ringing BT as I can't be bothered telling someone on the other end of the line, for twenty minutes, that it's nothing to do with me or my equipment. I just report it via email now.

How/when/if it gets fixed is anyones guess. Sometimes it's quick other times it takes weeks. We pay the same as everyone else for a sub-standard service. It is not fair but we have no choice.

Speeds and connectivity still poor this morning.

Aspiring Expert
Shetlander

Absolute rubbish again:

Latest speedtest result

Down 0.57Megs  Up 0.07Megs

When is this going to be sorted???

Agree with Carnsters post - this has been ongoing for 3 days now and nothing is being done.

Guru
AllanQuatermain

Oh how I wish that poor BB speed issues only existed in the Shetland Isles in the UK. :smileysad:

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

Aspiring Expert
trevor_machine

AllanQuatermain wrote:

Oh how I wish that poor BB speed issues only existed in the Shetland Isles in the UK. :smileysad:

Yes indeed - once again my speed is down to 0.3mbs, making watching a 2 minute YouTube clip a teeth grindingly tedious bout of seemingly endless buffering.

Several weeks ago I came on here to try and resolve the same fault - continuous, unbroken low speeds of 3mbs and less - and here I am again. Been in touch with the phone-based support, yielding absolutely no results whatsoever.

Last time all I seemed to be told - from seemingly all quarters - don't get Open Reach out cos you'll be charged. Check everything and check again. Cos if the fault's your side of the door you'll pay through the nose.

But I knew it wouldn't be because nothing had changed. And sure enough after the engineer left, I never heard anything again - no invoice, nothing. Just some hard to grasp explanation about bars inadvertantly being placed at the exchange and so forth. In other words, not my fault.

I feel certain I'm now going through the exact thing all over again. Nothing 'my side of the door' has changed, but now I'll have to be on the phone all day to the Indain subcontinent trying to get a passed up the chain until someone agrees to make an Open Reach appointment for me. On and on and on it will go, as I jump through the endless series of hoops. Wow - I thought TalkTalk was bad. BT has been far worse.

Community Manager
StephanieG

Hi Shetlander,

I can see that our @BTCare Twitter team are currently dealing with this, but if you have any trouble getting the fault progressed further let us know and we'll look into this further for you.

Thanks,

Stephanie
BTCare Community Manager

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Aspiring Expert
Shetlander

Well after a day where it was back up to about 1.8Megs its fallen over again! Currently Down 0.97Megs Up 0.09Megs - useless. This is what is most infuriating the sheer unreliability of it. You never know from one day to the next what you're going to get. Poor poor service. If I pay for something I expect it to work properly - it isn't.

Aspiring Expert
Shetlander

Even worse now if thats possible!

Down 0.21Megs Up 0.15Megs

Aspiring Expert
Shetlander

This is an absolute flaming disgrace - worse than dial-up

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2183173570.png

Get this sorted grrrrrrrr

Aspiring Expert
Shetlander

Still absolute garbage

Currently Down 0.54Meg Up 0.20Meg

When is this going top get fixed BT?? When???