Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Slow internet as night goes on.

My internet is fine throughout the day, and I can load videos on all the usual sites such as YouTube, BBC iPlayer, 4oD etc. However, the internet, every day without fail, gets slower as the day goes on. It begins to slow down at 8pm, and I thought it was due to excessive server activity on that site. However, I can hardly load Google, with has some of the most sophisticated and fastest servers in the world. Then, at 10pm, I can load sites, but videos take about an hour to buffer just a few minutes. By 11pm it is unberable and normal sites take at least a minute to load, let alone videos. Again, I thought it was maybe because the rest of the country was on and maybe it was a peak time, but having found myself awake and online in the early hours of the morning (3-4am), I had the same problems. I live in a slightly remote area in Oxfordshire, but this does not mean my broadband speed should change during the course of the day. Furthermore, in order to solve this problem I recently upgraded to the BT Homehub 3, but the problem still persists. Please help or I may seek other providers.

Distinguished Sage

Re: Slow internet as night goes on.

Hi Welcome to the forums

Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link postedhttp://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html

once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

Thank You

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is how BT has been generally in the evenings since September and there seems to be nothing us the little people can do about it. Prepare for everything to just randomly be terrible even if you're using core services you'd expect to be prioritised. Even if it's late night you're going to get dropouts and ping spiking.

Guru

Harmonica wrote:

This is how BT has been generally in the evenings since September and there seems to be nothing us the little people can do about it. Prepare for everything to just randomly be terrible even if you're using core services you'd expect to be prioritised. Even if it's late night you're going to get dropouts and ping spiking.

What prioritised services are you refering to?

Contributor

The most popular internet activities and websites that the majority of people use, that will be given priority over things that don't figure on the radar of the higher-ups. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, it's just the way of things.
Distinguished Sage

As Roger asked what prioritised services are you referring too
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Contributor

Examples would be those mentioned in the first post or anything with a high Alexa ranking.
Distinguished Sage

Personally I have not seen any problems of the nature the OP has posted at any time and there has not been that much on the subject within the forum the only real problems have been gaming issues of which many of the problems have been outside the BT network and have recently been investigated and it would appear to have now been resolved